“Looked interesting, but doubt we'd go there again.”
Review of Tokyo Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tokyo Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 41 Restaurants in Spruce Pine
Cuisines: Chinese
Portland, Oregon
“Looked interesting, but doubt we'd go there again.”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We had some hopes for nice Asian food when we walked in. I don't remember exactly what I ordered, but I distinctly remember that it had the taste of having been cooked in rancid oil. Service seemed a bit slow and inattentive. I ordered a beer and the bottle was just plopped on the table without a glass.

Visited October 2013
5 Thank DrJ00001

West Columbia, South Carolina
“LOVE THEIR HIBATCHI CHICKEN”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We went there as a family to eat and everyone got their favorite dish. The food was tasty and filling. The staff kept our glasses filled and that is a plus in my book. I wished the staff could speak a bit more English, as long as I have been going there, that could have been accomplished by now, I would think! You wouldn't think a small town would have a place like that, but I am so glad they do!

• Visited August 2013
cmwwilks@yahoo.com
“Best bang for your buck!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We eat here every time we stay in the area. How can you beat their $7.99 Friday night buffet? They put out small quantities at a time so the food is fresh. The u-peel shrimp were tasty and there is a good selection of main dishes. The salmon special that they offer often is very tasty, as well as the terikyaki dishes on the regular menu.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank basketgirl2
Granbury, Texas
“So So in Tokyo”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I had a hankerin' for some Asian cousine and came across the Tokyo restaurant as I was exploring what Spruce Pine had to offer down town. The service was wonderful, the young ladies were very attentive, but the food was just ok. It just did not stand out. I had the General's chicken and it did not have the crispy texture or spicy flavor I had hoped for. I will go back and give a different menu item a try, olny because the service was so good.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Randy C
mpls
“strange place for asian food”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I didn't expect to find this fare around the area, Its a nice little place, the staff doesn't speak English extreamly well. The food is ok. all in all its worth a trip in, though it wouldn't be a weekly trip for us

Visited November 2012