“The best B & B ever!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Spruce Pine
Richmond Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Spruce Pine B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 21, 2009

This was the best B & B we have ever stayed in. Maggie and her son Ben went out of there way to make us a part of her family. Her inn is a part of Spruce Pine's history and was awesome. We had a hard time leaving and will plan on coming back. There isn't enough words to describe how wonderful this place and the hospitality is! Thank you for making our stay so awesome! Laurie

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 31, 2009

We were taking a week long course at nearby Penland, but did not want to stay on the Penland campus. We found the Richmond Inn online, and it was wonderful. Our room was huge - 2 queen beds - with private bath. Another reviewer mentioned no TV, but we had one, with excellent reception. We were at Penland most of the time, but when at the inn it was quiet, and we slept peacefully with no noise at night. Innkeeper Maggie makes a delicious breakfast, and is a warm and pleasant hostess. We hated to leave. If we are in the area again we will definitely stay there.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2009

It was my distinct pleasure to be pampered by Maggie and Ben during my 2 day stay at the Richmond Inn. Their open, warm friendliness and casual, loving hospitality make being in their Inn like being a part of their family, only without the chores of family! The Inn is a calm, wonderful place to be and I can't wait to return which I'll do again this May. I've also attended weddings and special catered dinners at the Inn. The food was first rate and the staff accomodating & friendly, yet professional.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2009

I have been staying at the Richmond Inn for three years. It is beautiful, very comfortable, pet friendly, and reasonably priced. The Innkeeper, Maggie, is charming and sees to it that all her quests' needs are met. The family style breakfast gives her guests the opportunity to meet and exchange backgrounds, plans for the day, and stories.

It has eight rooms all nicely decorated. It is conveniently located at 51 Pine Avenue in the upper part of the charming village of Spruce Pine. This area of the western North Carolina Blue Ridge Mountains is conveniently located; only 45 minutes to Asheville to the southwest or northeast to the Blowing Rock/Boone area.

I liked the aea and people so much that I bought a cabin nearby annd plan to use the Richmond Inn for my overflow guests during visits by my family and friends. Bo Smith

3  Thank Bo_Smith
Reviewed August 12, 2008

Spent a night here before beginning a course at nearby Penland School of Crafts. When we arrived a wedding was about to begin in the beautiful back garden, but we were none the less greeted warmly and our bags were carried to the room by Maggie's young son. The wedding prevented us from using the common areas that evening, but our room was plenty big and the bathroom huge! (no TV though if that is a concern) and later in the evening we enjoyed a drink out on the patio. Sunday breakfast is self-serve as the family is at church, but it was plentiful and delicious - pancakes, eggs, yogurts, biscuits, coffee etc. The price is very reasonable, and the location is easy to find and within walking distance of the Spuce Pine shops.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hello777
Reviewed August 12, 2007

I stumbled upon The Richmond Inn B&B online during a late-night internet search for a place to stay following a trip to western North Carolina. We did Saturday & Sunday rafting trips and our weekend accomodations were booked for Sunday night, so I looked for a B&B or country inn that was somewhat on our path home. I called The Richmond Inn and ended up making a reservation there for two rooms (for five travelers - my wife and three children, ages 14, 12 and 10) for one night.
What a gem it turned out to be. We didn't arrive until 9 p.m. When it was time to go the next morning, we didn't want to leave.
Needless to say, we were very pleased with Maggie and her great Inn. Check it out - a wonderful place to stay!

Stayed: August 2007
4  Thank bhorner3
Reviewed July 6, 2006

This is a great Bed and Breakfast. My mother, sister and I spent three nights here and we had a wonderful time. It had a very homey atmosphere, we felt like we were guests in the home of a friend. The hostess made us feel very welcome. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2006
Springmaid Mountain
Springmaid Mountain
#2 of 5 in Spruce Pine
Bear Den Family Campground & Cabins

Been to Richmond Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!