“Time of My Life!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Spruce Pine
Richmond Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Spruce Pine B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Maggie never fails to disappoint my family when we stay there, no wonder, I call it,"Home!" I tell you, Richmond Inn is a gem of a bed and breakfast hidden in a small town and if you ever find yourself in Spruce Pine, please take time and stay there. It will take you back to a time when you took time for yourself and relaxed, really relaxed. Maggie makes you feel at home and she is very accommodating to your every need. She makes a wonderful breakfast and always makes sure she serves fresh local fruit and produce in her recipes. You can always walk around the grounds or sit outside on the porch and take it easy. This inn is always a pleasure to see and I need a tissue when we leave.

Room Tip: I love the "Hummingbird" room, it has 2 queen beds, it is on the second floor, a full bath...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank thegrayhair

Reviewed January 28, 2013

First of all, I want to tell you about Maggie, she is the one that owns the Bed and Breakfast,she could not be more accommodating nor loving.I have come to love her over the years of going to her home and now it has become my home away from home. Ben, her son, is a little shy, but once you get to know him is one great guy. Lady and Honey, their dogs are just as loving as can be, I wonder where they get that from?? All the rooms are spacious and very clean and I have never had one problem when I have gone there and it has been plenty of times over the years. Maggie is a wonderful cook, she always cooks her guests a spectacular breakfast every morning, serving local fresh fruits {in season} and local honey. I just can't say enough great things about Richmond Inn, I love walking the grounds or just hanging out on her wonderful porch at night listening to the train blow its' whistle in the distance. Yes, when I go to Maggies',I walk in the door and say, I'm Home!

Room Tip: All the rooms have A/C and Heaters and are very clean and roomy.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank thegrayhair
Reviewed November 1, 2012

In my 30 years of business travel, the Richmond Inn was the best experience I had while staying at a bed and breakfast inn. Maggie is simply the best. Now that I am retiring I hope to spend more time in the spruce Pine area. It sure has come a looong way in 30 years. A pleasure to visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank davidbrenner
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My Wife & I were on a motorcycle trip and found the Richmond Inn just as it was getting dark, at that point you take what you can get. What a pleasant surprise after a long day of riding. Our room was spacious & pristine. Maggie, her son Ben and the dogs & cats were all quite welcoming.
You know it's a great find when you are grateful and appreciative and you're the one paying them. It cuts both ways of course.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Manny G
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed here this past weekend while in Spruce Pine for a wedding. It's a great, homey place to stay. Maggie is wonderfully accomodating. We especially enjoyed having our coffee and delicious breakfast each morning as we sat out on the front patio area. We stayed in the Mountain View room which had a queen bed and it's own bathroom. The bathroom was a little small (only a stall shower). They provide clean linens and towels each day - they really go out of their way to make sure you want for nothing. It's located close to the downtown area where there are lots of antique places, as well local shops. Be sure to visit the lower level street as well! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank reddy2goGarner_NC
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Love Maggie and her dogs! Our dog came and we had a great time. Homemade breakfast was amazing.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Northerner13
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed here one night while driving up the Blue Ridge Parkway. The owner Maggie was very nice and visited with us during breakfast. The room was large and we were very comfortable. The cat and dog were friendly. Breakfast was good. Overall an excellent stay. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Douglas A

Been to Richmond Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!