“Good pizza and beer too!”

Dry County Brewing Company
Ranked #5 of 42 Restaurants in Spruce Pine
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The GPS led us astray but we managed to find this little gem in Spruce Pine. Look for "The Pizza Shop" sign. The pizza was very good and the little nano-brewery had some excellent beer including a Dunkel Wheat and a Belgian Dubbel. The Kolsch tasted a bit vinegary, but overall the beers were good. I got a mason jar of the Dunkel to go.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

This was one of the best pizza ever! They use local ingredients and the pizza was very delicious! We called it in and it was ready when they said it would be ready, that was a plus also. It is very unusual to find a pizza of this caliber in a small town such as Spruce Pine, believe me! If you are in town, please stop in, they have a whole array of pizzas, I am sure of which you will enjoy!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've had a lot of pizza in a lot of different places but this ranks right up there in the top. Perhaps it is the local ingredients they use on these pizzas (believe me, I've never given into that locally grown crap, but it's obviously working for these folks). We put a basil base on our pizza and then had them add caramelized onions, artichoke and Italian sausage...SO good!

The brews there are great as well. You can get a taster of one of their brews for $1 - I would highly recommend that so you can figure out what you like best. The German Lager was excellent.

Seating is plentiful, parking is plentiful, food is plentiful. You can't go wrong at this place. Do take note however of their hours, I think they are closed on Monday's and maybe Tuesday's as well.

1  Thank JAS171
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great selection of home brews, and the pizza dough is terrific. I like the eclectic topping choices, as well. Trivia on some Thursday nights (absolutely fun!), and the musical events are a must.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We met our daughter and her husband to be here. We also had our friends that never been here. The traditional pizza was great with any of the topping you add. The staff was great and let us try samples of beers on draft. We had 3 different beer and some wine with our meal. We left around 6pm before we started playing. I seen the staff was there hands a lot and the bathrooms was very clean. We have been here back in September and we should come before then!! A great place to eat local.

1  Thank HenryNC7