“Great dining experience!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Shepherds Table
Cuisines: American
Description: We are a home cooking-seafood restaurant, featuring down home, made from scratch cooking like chicken and dumplings and meatloaf etc., and only the highest quality seafood available! So if you like down home country cooking like grandma used to make you'll love us! We are not fancy, so come as you are and enjoy some of the best cooking around and you'll be made to feel right at home!
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The staff we met were very nice and accommodating. Each in our family was impressed with what he or she ordered. We heard desert was good, but we were too full to indulge. Loved the tea in the glass jars. While we were there, a bluegrass gospel band was playing right out in back which made for a real treat while dining and hanging around outside afterwards. An enjoyable evening!

There are newer reviews for The Shepherds Table

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I used to go here alot because the chicken and dumplings when they first opened was really good, then all I was getting was dark meat and really bad service. In the beginning, I didn't have to ask for a refill, but recently when I need a refill the waitress is snotty to me and there is only one on duty. Last time I figured I would get a chicken and dumplings, hoping it would be good, didn't know it would bones with some chicken and dumplings. Talked to the waitress and she told me, well thats what happens when you order something with chicken. No restaurant does that. Any cook should shred their chicken properly and look for bones, even tiny. If it happened once, I would understand, but everytime I got more and more bones. My mother orders the roast beef with gravy and mashed potatoes. She always gets it, but these past few times it has been more along the lines there is beef with my fat. We haven't eaten there since they've gone so downhill and the rude service.

3  Thank Sammantha A
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Forget the KeyWestClown... get back to Florida! Who orders a hotdog at a family resturant that has the best country cookin' in the world? That's like ordering a T-Bone at McDonald's. If you are looking for down home cooking and have left one too many restaurants disappointed these fine folks aim to please. I must say that all of the meals I have tried have been excellent! Pan fried chicken livers that'll make your mouth water when brought to the table, and chicken & dumplin's that brought back memories of my Granny "Elizabeth Guffey". Do you want to eat a meal so genuine that it brings back memories of loved one's you have'nt seen in years? Look no further,mama's in the kitchen at The Sheperd's Table.

1  Thank David K
Reviewed September 9, 2012

i visited spruce pine over the weekend...ask the cashier at one of the stations where to eat and she said you have to try THE SHEPHERDS TABLE you wont be sorry and am so glad i did it was an awesome experience. the food was excellent the service was just as wonderful.........we will be visiting again......THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR GREAT FOOD AND WONDERFUL HOSPITALITY.....dumplings are just like moms......

1  Thank dawn h
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stop here quite often when we visit family in Spruce Pine and Burnsville and we have yet to have a bad experience at The Shepherd's Table. The food is always good and the staff is very pleasant and efficient. I know this is a family business and if you do have a problem with the food or service you receive, the owners are there and would appreciate the opportunity to correct the problem. We look forward to going back later this fall.

1  Thank James835_12