“A lot of potential!!”

Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Spruce Pine
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Seasonal, farm-driven, local food prepared in creative and loving ways. Reservations are not required but highly recommended. For parties of 6 or more, we require a credit card on file. In the event of a cancellation within 24 hours of the reservation, a $100 cancellation fee is charged. if you have an allergy or dietary restriction, please call ahead. this is the only way to ensure that we will be able to accommodate your specific needs.
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner, and a few days later brunch at this place and we liked both experiences. The dinner menu was innovative with only local products. A good variety of wines by the glass and a charming and knowledgeable waitress made the evening to a very nice experience. The brunch a few days later was also worth the 20 mile drive. Price/quality is very good! The only thing that needs improvement is the location! Train wagons are not really an inspiring sight! Anyway: very good and lots of potential.

There are newer reviews for knife & fork

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We are staying in the Penland, NC area for a bit, and had heard that the Knife and Fork was the premier place for Sunday brunch.
We gave it a try and were delighted. The meals change daily and are very original. The foods are all locally sourced and very fresh. What a different and pleasurable experience. Better than home cooked. Regarding the spoon...we have been told that it will show up in the near future as an intimate bar, next door this summer. Wish we were going to be here for that.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We went for dinner the last night they served for a winter break and I am sure there would be a better selection any other time of year. I had the beef slices which was quite good. The rabbit was offered with blueberry sauce and it and the chicken were not as tasty in my opinion. I plan to go back as the staff and the restaurant were very nice. The serving sizes are smallish, but the prices are good. My family had read about it in reviews in DC and Utah, but we didn't know it was so close by. I think it is wonderful to have farm-to-table restaurants in our tiny towns in WNC and will certainly be back. I have heard that Sunday brunch is very good, so may try that next.

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

What a great find!!
We had lunch here and everything was amazing - the atmosphere, tables, decor, you name it - and the food was incredible!! We started with a cheese plate that was amazing - they came out and told us about the cheeses and fresh local ingredients with it.
I had an amazing burger that was somewhat of a meatloaf consistency that was so juicy and fresh with fresh sweet potato chunks (not really in the shape of fries) and they were so good - the house ketchup was amazing too. I also tried the fried chicken sandwich and my friend had the fish sandwich and said it was the best she's ever had in her life!
The service was incredible too - definitely check this out!!

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This is the best food for miles around. A modern take on local cuisine using local ingredients.

When I visit spruce pine from England this restaurant is always on the list to eat at.

Definitely worth visiting.