“A nice surprise in Spruce Pine”
Review of knife & fork

knife & fork
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Spruce Pine
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Seasonal, farm-driven, local food prepared in creative and loving ways. Reservations are not required but highly recommended. For parties of 6 or more, we require a credit card on file. In the event of a cancellation within 24 hours of the reservation, a $100 cancellation fee is charged. if you have an allergy or dietary restriction, please call ahead. this is the only way to ensure that we will be able to accommodate your specific needs.
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Locally sourced ingredients, creative and delicious dishes, reasonable prices. I surprised to find such a high quality restaurant in this area.

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

The Knife and Fork is a jewel of a restaurant in the little mountain town of Spruce Pine. A server will greet you with a little platter of wonderful bread with specially-made butter. Then you will order from the ever-changing wine list. Your server is able to converse in the language of wine so rest assured you will love it. The menu is made up of delectably fresh dishes and the coffee is wonderful.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

All I can say is perfect! A treat -- from the moment we spotted the bright red awning over the door of the otherwise bland, brick-faced building facing the railroad tracks and entered the surprisingly warm, but simple decor of Knife and Fork, until we departed after enjoying a wonderful meal. Did brunch there, and not a single crumb was left behind. Extremely fresh, beautiful food done right, revealing the passion of K&F's chef/owners. Perfect food in perfect surroundings with perfect service. What could be better?

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I loved the fact that they support local and center their menu around the local produce around the area. We had heard a lot abou this restaurant and really wanted to give it a go.
The wait person we had was great. We had a number of questions and she was knowledgeable and sensitive to our new experience. We visited on Sunday, at Brunch. Reservations here during mountain peak travel seasons are strongly suggested. It is a relatively small and cozy restaurant in a small downtown. Not much happening in town on a Sunday.
The restaurant had little to speak of with outside views so don't worry with that detail unless you are the type who just likes to sit by a window, then please request. My friend and I wanted to try different things on the menu. And we did. We shared food items for that reason, aside from the entrée. We started with a salad of melons, bell peppers, purslane, pecorino ginepro. $5 bucks. Excellent, fresh, and light. Following that, we ordered the house-made charcuterie plate $10 bucks. (fritter of pork belly/meat fried and toast point with rabbit meat, and a light mixed green with mustard vinaigrette). This particular dish was one we just didn't care for. We then ordered an entrée each. I got the grilled Ham with sunnyside up egg, potatoes, and slow cooked cabbage. 15 bucks. This was not the ham I envisioned nor enjoyed. It seemed more like fatty pork meat, thick and chewy. Not the smoked, cured ham I was anticipating and use to. My friend ordered the grilled Trigger fish sandwich with housemade tarter sauce and crispy potatoes, $10 bucks. It was delicious to her. We ended the meal with the housemade doughnuts (3) for $4 bucks which were one each of coated dark chocolate, coatd caramel, and coated cinnamon sugar. These were cake doughnuts and were fantastic. I think this is a great place, but we just missed with our choice of a couple of items such as my entree.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife and I have dined here a dozen times and always a delicious unique menu.
We have recommended it to many family and friends that now share our enthusiasm Knife and Fork of Spruce Pine