“Decent Hotel, Thin Walls”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fayetteville-Fort Bragg, NC
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Spring Lake
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights for work. Room was clean, breakfast was fine, and staff was helpful but walls were crazy thin...you can hear everything the people around you were doing. Walked in about 6 PM to hear every word of the show the occupant of the adjoining room was watching. Contacted the front desk to change rooms, but my request for the same type room without the connecting door couldn't be met because of occupancy but they did try. The most notable event demonstrating the thin walls was hearing a couple engaged in "intimate relations" as my coworker and I returned from dinner and were talking in the hallway about the next day's events even though we were about 5 rooms away. She seemed to be enjoying herself, but it made all in the hall at that time a little awkward.

Again, clean hotel with a good staff but surrounding occupants and their daily activities are likely to impact the quality of a stay.

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I was dissatisfied with my stay. Everything was good at the hotel except for the bathroom in our room. Our room # was 216. After checking in we immediately left to visit family in the area. Upon returning late on Sunday night we noticed that toilet was running constantly and was quite noisy. It being late at night we did not complain and closed the bathroom door to contain the noise. The next morning upon taking a shower, we noticed that the shower curtain could not be closed. The angle of the curtain rod at each end sloped upwards to the wall. The curtain would slide down and not close. It appears that the curtain rod was reattached into the wall. One could notice that there was a prior repair of the wall that was poorly done. The result of this poor repair was that the shower curtain could not be closed and water would flood the bathroom floor. This caused a slippery floor which was in my opinion dangerous. We told the desk clerk about the bathroom during our check-out and she prepared a form for repairs to the room.

Room Tip: Check bathroom shower & toilet before unpacking.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fayetteville-Fort Bragg, NC, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Robert G,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology for the unusual condition of the bathroom in the room you received. Your feedback will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Joel B

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Everytime when I am calling the hotel no person in charge is available. There was never an explanation of when, who and what. As a matter of fact why did front desk did not inform us about that? and why did they not changed the rate accordingly? At the end of the day its not my fault as a guest if a hotel is overbooked und customer service is looking different to me. They at least should have given the Rate of a double room not a suite plus overpricing the suite where people had to sleep on a sofa for a week. I am sure if you are going to a hotel you don’t want to sleep on a sofa as well. Or do you? It is meaningless to contact the Hotel directly as I told you in my last email. Nobody wants to talk to the Customers. As I said I contacted Better Business Bureau regarding this matter and how Holiday Inn is treating its customers further I advised my credit card company to dispute the charges of $1840.32 (they overcharged alomst $500) till the hotel found a solution which is appropriate for letting 3 people sleep on a sofa for a week. I am sure you will understand and I am hoping from Customer Relations for a mediation in this matter since the Hotel it self is not willing to provide customer service.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank patrice86
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fayetteville-Fort Bragg, NC, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Dear patrice86,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I am sorry you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. I'd like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so I have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Just checked in and love it so far. Large room, large comfy bed, nice bathroom, gym, pool, sauna, fridge, microwave, big-screen TV, free internet, etc. This place has a lot of nice commodities. Great for business travel!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Long story short - we're TDY to FT Bragg and the hotels in the vicinity is booked pretty solid. Initially I had made a reservation within 24 hours of check-in at the holiday inn express on Skibo Rd (tough staff to deal with) - that location would not give us the military per diem rate, and only had 3 suites availible. So i booked it on my Credit Card so we at least had a place to stay, even though 6 of us would have to double up to rooms. Upon landing in Charlotte, NC, we come to find that this spring lake location not only had 6 rooms open, they would be able to accomodate the military rate which was 40% cheaper than the SKIBO RD location. So we booked the spring lake rooms then called to cancel the Skibo Rd reservation. The other HI Exp was going to charge me $560 cancellation fee after tax for the rooms, and in fact did so. After talking to the incredible staff at this spring lake location, they were able to put me in touch with customer relations - which didnt exactly work for me. The staff here at spring lake Holiday Inn express (Ellen namely) pursued the issue for me and got the charges removed. I couldnt be more thankful for the help - and the stay was excellent - the accomodations, courtesy, food and hospitality made this location our absolute first stop for all future travel to the Fort Bragg area. Thank you again Ellen and the awesome staff at the Spring Lake Holiday Inn Express for taking the time to correct what would have been a huge injustice from the Skibo Rd location. We're customers for life!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Just don't expect the newest of everything, but the place is clean, and they do a good job of feeding us military types early in the morning.

Your basic Holiday Inn Express here...

Room Tip: The rooms in the secondary hotel building aren't the best, and are a long way from the Breakfast...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fayetteville-Fort Bragg, NC, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Dear cebers01,

Thanks so much for the review and for staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your breakfast
and our staff. I am sorry to hear you were not happy with our facility. However we thank you for your comments as this helps us determine where we need to improve. We do not strive to be "Basic" but rather the Best.

Wishing you Safe Travels,

Katie J

Reviewed January 28, 2012

I have stayed at various locations in and around Fort Bragg, off base is certainly better than on and the various Holiday Inn / HI Express venues certainly give you plenty of options. This location is a little further from the airport as the others but is on the backsteps of Fort Bragg. Spring Lake is small but there are still plenty of dinner choices near the hotel. Room is clean, bed is comfortable, breakfast is plentiful, and staff responsive. This mid-range hotel produced an excellent experience / value.

Room Tip: Ask for odd numbered room - parking lot is on even numbered side.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fayetteville North
Comfort Suites Sanford
Comfort Suites Sanford
#3 of 8 in Sanford

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fayetteville-Fort Bragg, NC? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fayetteville-Fort Bragg, NC

Address: 103 Brook Ln, Spring Lake, NC 28390-3311
Location: United States > North Carolina > Spring Lake
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Spring Lake
Price Range: $99 - $120 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fayetteville-Fort Bragg, NC 3*
When traveling to Spring Lake/Fort Bragg/Fayetteville, NC you should choose the Country Inn & Suites - Spring Lake/Fort Bragg/Fayetteville, North Carolina for your accommodation needs- we'll make sure that you Stay Smart! Country Inn & Suites Spring Lake/Fort Bragg/Fayetteville offers premium executive suites for the business or leisure traveler.Banquet rooms are available for meetings and gatherings. We pride ourselves in offering the best customer service available in the area! We are located just north of Fort Bragg/Fayetteville in Spring Lake, and we are the closest hotel to Fort Bragg Military Base. Other local attractions include the Airborne Special Operations Museum, Crown Coliseum, Festival Park, Womack Army Hospital, Veterans Hospital, Cape Fear Valley Medical Center, Good Year Tire Plant, Downtown Fayetteville, and Cross Creek Mall. We are also conveniently located near three colleges to include Fayetteville State University, Methodist University, and Fayetteville Technical Community College. We are also located very near several Restaurants, golf courses, shopping areas and much more! When you are traveling to Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, whether for Government, Business, or Leisure, come and stay with Country Inn & Suites - Spring Lake, Fort Bragg, Fayetteville and Stay Smart! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fayetteville-Fort Bragg, NC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Spring Lake - Ft. Bragg Hotel Spring Lake