“Beware of this hotel”

Country Inn & Suites Fayetteville - Ft. Bragg
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Spring Lake
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I would like to highlight this hotel there was a member of staff who was very helpful so helpful they went through are bags and stole a birthday present,so if you stay here beware !!.also the general manager is very poor when this happens he can't even follow up this with a phone call to say sorry for the thief he has on his staff.you have been warned.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rich1959

Reviewed July 15, 2011

We were traveling on business. For the most part the staff was very professional. with a couple of exceptions. The Hotel on a whole was quite clean. But there were a couple of problems with the room. There is a huge sunken area under the carpet by the bathroom that we kept tripping over. and You can imagine my surprise when I tried to sit down on the toilet the first time and ended up almost on the floor. The toilets seem to be child sized and only about a foot or less off the floor. I assume this is because if they had a adult sized toilet that the bathroom door would not open or close. If I were the good people of Americans with disabilities. I would send in a bunch of ringers and make lots and lots of money suing them for violations. Also while we were there the elevator was out of service as much as it was in service.
As for the one managers he was a big jerk. When a guest complains about a problem on one day and is promised that it will be resolved. It is one thing.But when they have to complain about it two days in a row It is something else. In a Service industry that should NEVER happen. But it did, Yes I understand it is hard to keep your cool when you have a very angry customer yelling at the front desk But it was mishandled by the snotty little unprofessional boy they had as a manager that afternoon. I am sorry I did not catch his name or I would mention it here. In a service industry the customer is not always right , but you have to make them feel that they are. All an angry customer wants to hear coming out of your mouth is "Yes I understand you have a problem." Yes I will do everything in my power to FIX the problem as soon as possible" " Let me call the person that can best help you.,so they can get your problem solved once and for all." You DO NOT imply the problem was the customers fault. (By the way it was Not my fault.) You DO NOT argue with the customer. And Last but not least. After somebody else at the front desk call the person who can fix the problem. And THAT person is taking care of the problem and has start calming down the angry customer. You ABSOLUTLY DO NOT come over to the angry bu somewhat soothed customer and pour gasoline on an already inflamed situation By Coming over the the customer implying that they have no right to be upset Because of YOUR staffing problem.and implying that they are at fault again. And You DO NOT. Tell them " To calm down because they are disrespecting you." You Sir were (to quote your words) were disrespecting ME. And the man sitting next to me, that you were trying to impress by your poor treatment of a PAYING customer. Well after you walked away turned to me and said. If that happened to HIM and he was treated the way you treated me He would be furious. So Maybe you should go back to charm school, or get out of the profession where you have to deal with people.. As your people skill are not existent.Your attitude will lose customers for your parent organization. And with the rise of Social Media. My discontent has reached thousands of potential customers. Not just on here but on Facebook and all the other cyber sites I belong to.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Frequent traveller to the Spring Lake/Fort Bragg Area. This hotel is absolutely one of the best performers I have stayed at this year. From the front desk personnel to the cleaning/maintenance staff, this hotel is keyed in on customer/business traveller needs. They consistently hit the mark as well as exceed it. Even though this is a chain, it has consistenty shown a personal touch each and every time I stay. It is convenient to a lot of restaurants both chain and local which is also a plus. Better fitness center than most chains on site as well. It would be a big mistake to not stop by and check out their hospitality. :)

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2010

I was very pleased with the support of the staff. Whatever we asked your staff made sure we had it. From the Cleaning workers to the Front Desk. I really enjoyed my staff. The was friendly and informative. Event I asked for the staff went above and beyond finding the information. The best Staff in a Hotel I have been in, in a long time and I have stayed in some pretty nice hotels in my lifetime. From Spain to Germany to the USA, this is by far the best service I have recieved.

Jason R. Shelton

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2010

My family and I just PCS'd into Ft. Bragg. I made hotel reservations for 2 rooms to last 8 weeks.......only made it 1 week. Was supposed to have adjoining rooms (wife plus 5 kids), went to check in guess what, no adjoining rooms. After a week of having to deal with unhelpful staff that really couldn't care less about the customer (in my opinion) and having to deal with staff that didn't take any pride in their work (cleaning crew in particular) we checked out and moved to another HIE south of Fayetteville that was 1000% better. We then spent nearly $12,000 during our stay in this new hotel.....sorry but if your service sucks and you don't know how to clean you don't get my money........avoid this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank okiecb
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Staff was quick to fill every request with courtesy and efficiency. Breakfast was hot and tasty with great variety ( something different every day) . Wednesday Evening Guest reception was well hosted with a great variety of food and drink served with speed and accuracy.
Quiet, clean room with great parking,
I will stay here next time for sure.

Thanks to a great staff and for a well run facility at a great price.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank camandjo79
Reviewed May 9, 2010

I'm suppose to stay for 5 weeks... don't think it'll be that long now.

I was suppose to have been upgraded to a jacuzzi suite as a platinum member upgrade, but upon checkin they sent me to a regular room. I went back to the desk and had to wait for the jacuzzi suite to be cleaned.

Over the next four days, the Staff left smelly trash bags stacked in stairwell 3 of 4 nights. I had to step around this fire hazard and smell the nasty trash every time I came and went. The manager finally seemed to correct the problem after my 3rd complaint and a threat to change hotels.

Be careful getting into the bath tub. The staff cleans, but does not rinse the tub, leaving the cleaner on the floor of the tub. I've almost slipped several times. I have to rinse the tub out before each use to insure good footing when getting in and out.

Maintenance has had to repair the desk chair arm, which was falling off and the shower curtain rod, which was coming off the wall, within the 1st couple of days.

The Staff broke the toilet handle, while cleaning my room, but didn't tell anyone, I had to have maint come fix it at 11pm.

The rooms are not well cleaned. They seem to do as little as possible. You never know when they are coming to clean. It might be 9am, it might be 3pm, so you get to choose whether or not you want to sleep in or get your room cleaned.

Rm 133 is shares a wall with a meeting room that has church on Sunday. Forget sleeping in. The microphones,drums, shouting and singing can be heard over half of the hotel. The staff told me they couldn't say anything to them since it was 11am. Apparently only those that sleep at night have the right to quiet enjoyment. I would have assumed that my working on a night shift, I would have the same right during the day... guess not... Wonder what the police would say? If I stay another week, I think I'll find out.

But I probably won't stay that long, as I'm already looking for another hotel for the remainder of my trip.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Hampton Inn Fayetteville Fort Bragg
Sleep Inn & Suites Near Ft. Bragg
Residence Inn Fayetteville Cross Creek
Home2 Suites by Hilton Fayetteville, NC

Been to Country Inn & Suites Fayetteville - Ft. Bragg? Share your experiences!