“No frills, but GREAT staff!!”

Super 8 Spring Lake/ Fort Bragg
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Spring Lake
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The staff was wonderful, making us feel like royalty. They went above a beyond making our stay comfortable. While in town to visit family for a graduation and 70th birthday, my mom and sister shared one room, while my husband and I had another. All four of us were glad we picked this hotel and will definitely stay here again if/when our travels bring us back to North Carolina.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mizkittey

Reviewed November 5, 2010

Not new, but well-maintained family-operated facility. Friendly folks, went out of the way to help us. We loved playing with their baby.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2010

We are an Air Force family that is relocating to the Ft Bragg Area. We chose the Super 8 because it was the most centrally located between our real estate agents office and the areas in which we were house hunting.

The area is very shady to say the least. The Super 8 seems ok from the outside, but the inside is a different story. We paid $120 for a two night stay with a king size bed.
Upon entering the "non smoking" room, we were hit with a wave of stale smoke.The room was entirely too small to fit the bed. There was hardly enough room to walk and not run into something.

The bathroom was not cleaned very well, and we always wore shoes when we were in the bathroom. There were only two towels, wash cloths, and hand towels. Our "shampoo and conditioner" was actually two bottles of lotion. Our toilet only flushed when it wanted to and our shower didn't drain. You had to shower with water up to your ankles.

The doors to the rooms slam when they close, so all hours of the night, we heard doors slamming and people running up and down the halls.

The free wifi only worked about 50% of the time.

Breakfast was another story. There were two dirty tables in the front office of the hotel. The woman at the front desk stared us down as we tried to eat our "breakfast."
Our "continental breakfast" consisted of stale english muffins and biscuits, burnt gravy, granola bars, cereal, and warm milk that was sitting out.

It was not a nice stay, to say the least.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank kawilliams09
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I was pleasantly surprised to find such a nice hotel at such a reasonable rate.

I had to go to Fayetteville, NC on short notice for my grandmother's funeral and needed a place to stay asap. I reserved a non-smoking room on a lower level but when I got to the hotel it wasn't ready. I arrived at the hotel prior to the 12 noon check in because I was extremely tired from driving all night to reach North Carolina. The hotel staff were nice enough to check me in and get a room ready for my family, immediately.

Unfortunately, the only room that was available was a smoking room. And although I'm not a smoker and I hate the smell of smoke, whatever they did to clean the room, greatly neutralized the smoky odor so that it was at least tolerable.

Overall the room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The hotel's location was convenient to quite a few restaurants and not far from where all of the services and family members would be gathering.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and I will be staying here again when I revisit the Fayetteville, NC area.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2009

I recently stayed at this hotel while I was in Spring Lake. I was awaiting the arrival of my nephew from Iraq to Ft. Bragg. This hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. Great place to stay...close to Ft. Bragg and shopping and eating places.

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed November 10, 2008

The rooms were clean and the beds were comforable. We found the staff friendly and eager to help us when they were needed. The Super 8 in Spring Lake is a good place to stay if your looking for a place just to sleep. The motel is conviently located near Fort Bragg and the Fayetteville area. The dining options in the imediate Spring Lake area are limited, Fayetteville has better dining options for food.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 22, 2008

If my brother-in-law wasn't stationed at Fort Bragg courtesy of the US Government, my sister and her kids would not have to live in the Fayetteville area. When I visited for my niece's graduation, I chose a hotel to free up some space at her house. The Super 8 in Spring Lake was about the closest, and the motel is quite nice...far nicer than most Super 8's.

It was blazing hot in early June, and my arrival at 10pm did nothing do ease that; still 97 degrees at 10pm! The desk clerk told me I was the last reservation to arrive, and the hotel was full. The lot was full my entire stay ...this must be a popular place.

The room was nice and cool with the air conditioner running. A previous reviewer noted the Queen rooms were small, so I reserved a King room and was NOT disappointed! I had a very comfortable king bed that sat surprisingly high off the floor (not a problem at my 6' 5" height). There was desk with a chair that was actually more comfortable that the recliner that was also included. I also had an amoire with the TV (HBO2 is included), and one of those microwave-refrigerator combo thingies. Closet space is limited to a garment bar in the corner of the room, but this isn't the Ritz-Carlton, after all.

The bath was spotlessly clean (unlike the rest of Spring Lake and Fayetteville) and well-equipped with the necessary amenities plus a hair dryer and one of those new curved shower-curtain rods. Be sure to buy some bottled water...the tap water here tasted fine but came out of the tap nearly hot enough to bathe with!

Note that access for large trucks, SUVs and trailers can be difficult; there's only one entrance, parking is meager (the building sits on a faily small lot) and there is NO turn-around.

Breakfast is standard Super 8 fare: cellophane-wrapped baked goods, juice and coffee with some fruit in the morning. There's a Hardee's next door and numerous other dining establishments in the neighborhood. Avoid the El Tucan Mexican Restaurant across the street ...the food is gruesome and the service is worse!

The Spring Lake Super 8 is sublime. The only other Super 8 I've ever stayed in that could compare is on the other end of the country in Woodburn, Oregon. It's a shame these nice people have to put up with Spring Lake. While there, I saw a sign that said "Recycle Fayetteville." That sounds like a great idea!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
Courtyard by Marriott Fayetteville - Fort Bragg/Spring Lake
The Inn at Anderson Creek Club
The Inn at Anderson Creek Club
#1 of 1 in Spring Lake

Been to Super 8 Spring Lake/ Fort Bragg? Share your experiences!