“Great food, great service, cold Dos Equis!”

El Tucan Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 57 Restaurants in Spring Lake
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Only ate there twice, but it was great both times.

1  Thank cebers01
There are newer reviews for El Tucan Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed March 6, 2012

Great food with great service! The owner talks to all customers. We usually go once a month and I have never been disappointed. By far the best little Mexican restaurant in town, you should give it a try

1  Thank Merlin4242
Reviewed January 3, 2012

On the only positive side....the salsa is ok and it's served in a carafe with individual little dishes to pour it in...I liked that. I think they just painted also, so it looks cheery. So, I ordered a #4....1 taco, 1 enchilada, 1 tostada for $6.99. I all three were the same, beef with cheese. The beef had no taste, no seasoning. I've never had a tostada with nothing but meat and cheese...I couldn't eat it. My husband ordered a California Burrito and he thinks it was not from California or Mexico for that matter. We ordered two margaritas....mine on the rocks..no salt...husband ordered it blended with salt. His was all margarita mix...mine was ok. This is my third visit to this restaurant and won't go again to order food, just bring me a Corona, they can't screw that up. I love Mexican food and have had it in many different places all over Mexico, California, Oregon, Texas, Arizona, and Washington.....and I didn't think anybody could mess it up....I was wrong.

Reviewed January 17, 2010

My bf loves this place. In my opinion, it's ok. BUT, it's pretty much all Spring Lake has. The chips and salsa are good. Service sucks, but that really doesn't matter cuz it doesn't get busy nor are you there to have a conversation with the waitress. Cheap food is always a plus.

1  Thank Foodie4U4Eva
Reviewed June 20, 2008

I sure wish I could give this place less than one "dot", but that option wasn't available.

Service here was one sullen, bored woman that seemed to object to my being there. After I figured out for myself that I had to seat myself (she wasn't offering any suggestions on this), I selected a table and she slowly shuffled over, dropped a menu on the table and walked away...without saying one word. A moment later, she was back with a glass of water, the usual basket of chips and some salsa served...surprisingly...in a carafe. The salsa appeared to be home-made and wasn't bad in a food processor-sort of way.

I'd heard the Chiles Rellenos here were good, and they were. I tried that in combination with a burrito and taco that turned out to be beef. The beef was plain hamburger with the ONLY seasoning, I believe, to be a boullion cube; hence very salty and bereft of any real flavor.

Now the fun begins: waiting for the check. After (and I'm not kidding here) 45 MINUTES I finally had to holler across the dining room for my check. She non-chalantly waved me towards the register and rang it up item by item, like I was at the supermarket. During the entire experience, this unpleasant woman said perhaps four words.

El Tucan is a definite miss, a tendency I would tend to grant to Spring Lake in general.