“Couldn't be nicer!”

Harmony Hill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Sparta B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 9, 2012

This lovely Victorian house is totally renovated and sited on a hill with beautiful views all around. The landscaping and gardens are lovely, clearly done with weddings in mind! The interiors are straight out of House Beautiful with attention paid to every detail one could want in a top-of-the-line bed and breakfast. My husband and I stayed in the carriage house -- a large, private space over the garage. It has a full kitchen, bedroom, and living/dining room with stunning views. I could have stayed for days.... unfortunately, we were on our way down the Blue Ridge Parkway and had only one night to spare. One caution: don't expect to find any fine dining in Sparta, or much else for that matter.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elle-e-belle

Reviewed January 7, 2012

Barbara and Jim made us feel like members of their family. The house is absolutely gorgeous and the food surpasses my grandmother's - my ultimate compliment. The house is perched on a hilltop, providing breath-taking views. I have already been recommending it to our friends as a perfect get-away destination.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ktshaffer
Reviewed November 18, 2011

My husband and I were lucky enough to spend a night in the beautiful, peaceful Carriage House. Our evening was spent in front of the fire, with a bottle of wine and a delicious cheese/cracker/snack tray that Barbara so graciously prepared for us. We woke up to the sun rising up over the mountains, with the full moon still visible off the back porch. What a gorgeous sight. And our weekend treat was not over - we were then given a most scrumptious breakfast of pumpkin pancakes with lots of extras! Jim and Barbara's slogan of "come as a guest, leave as a friend" is definitely not just a saying. I truly feel that we met "friends" while we visited, and we will absolutely be back to spend another night (or hopefully two!!) in their company. Thanks, Barbara and Jim, for such a wonderful evening and morning spent in your home.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a romantic evening, the Carriage House is what you want!! Although, we had a...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2011

The search for authenticity is elusive for most Americans; we rush around collecting experiences and promptly file them away in our computer folders. Not so for Debbie and me on this trip to Jim and Barbara's home in the mountains of North Carolina.

On the day of our arrival, our motorcycle tire suffered tread separation (not a good thing). The AAA tow-truck driver loaded us up and took us down winding mountain roads in the dark. Imagine our delight when, just over the next rise, wonderful lights welcomed us to Harmony Hill. As I helped unload the wounded Honda, Debbie went inside and and met Jim and Barbara, who took us under their wings. We felt like family. Barbara went completely out of her way to help us see the local area while our motorcycle underwent repairs that Jim arranged for me (calling local mechanics).

The accomadations were much more than just that; they were perfect. We were not just catered-to; we were cared-for. And that is something money cannot buy.

I highly recommend Harmony Hill Bed and Breakfast. We will be back.

Tom and Debbie

Room Tip: All are great; Peach Bottom is the best.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2011

On a motorcycle. On a jaunt: but do some planning. The World Wide Interweb reports a B & B near Sparta: I got a reservation online. Next day: I pull into the loop driveway, shut it down, and start pulling off stuff: helmet and gear and gloves -- and out the front door pops this blond lady, yelling "Frank, welcome!" What the? Turns out it's Barbara, she runs the joint with hired-help-husband Jim (wonderful man, he's not really the hired help, he just acts that way to please Barbara, its looks like it to me). I was startled, because I'm not used to having my name yelled out when they've never met me, yet. Anyway, welcome to the world of some folks who genuinely love the B & B they've made. Gorgeous country setting, spotless inside and out. Until lately they've not advertised at all, relying on reputation and repeat folks from Charlotte and Winston-Salem. I learned all this just being quiet and letting Barbara and Jim talk to me. And what fabulous talkers! Its the benefit of traveling alone: everybody wants to help you out. Breakfast (my day: pecan pancakes with a scoop of butter-pecan ice cream on top, fresh peaches on the side; fresh fruit; fresh orange juice; scratch-made country ham biscuits; killer coffee) made me want to go home and slap my mama, as a fellow used to say. If you don't understand that joke, ask a southerner.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Our stay for one night was great. The room and bathroom were larger than expected (and larger than the picture makes it seem). Everything was amazingly clean and neat. The breakfast was delicious. Grounds were very pretty. House was beautiful! The bed was extremely comforable. The house was very quiet overnight even with all the rooms being full. I would absolutely stay there again.

Room Tip: Any of them would be great
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Harmony Hill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!