“Superb! Very clean, friendly, and incredible location.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southport
Lois Jane's Riverview Inn
Ranked #3 of 9 Southport B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My family took 2 rooms at Riverside Inn Motel and we stayed for 3 days. The rooms were very basic, but decorated very nicely. The hosts were very friendly and the cleaning help knew exactly what we needed every day. The motel is right on the water at Cape Fear just across from Oak Island and its lighthouse. We had a street-side room, so we didn’t have our own patio and swing, but there was a central patio and 2 swings for anyone who wanted to use them. To the left of the motel is the Cape Fear restaurant, a little park (no playground stuff), and a long pier for fishing. The restaurant is wonderfully rustic, but a bit pricey. To the right of the motel is a historic pilot tower and a little public beach. The beach has soft sand, but a few feet into the water there are millions of shells you'll be stepping on, mostly oyster. My 4 and 7 year-olds loved the little beach. They didn't seem to mind the shells much under their feet and loved collecting them. There was a walkway in front of the motel and all along the road there were historic plaques explaining the Civil War related history of the area, including a couple giant rusty anchors. Keep walking along the cape and you’ll come across fresh seafood places and another restaurant called Fishy Fishy, which I highly recommend. The town is lost in history as there are lots of little shops and no touristy places. Walmart and Kerr Drug is only a few miles away if you need stuff. My only grudge with the motel was no Wi-Fi. I couldn’t get any 3G network in the area either, so any internet was a snail’s pace.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 25, 2011

My wife & I thorougly enjoyed the port city of Southport, and staying on the Cape Fear riverfront, which is where Lois Jane's 'Riverview Motel' is located. This accomodation did not include breakfast like the main house across the street offers, so I cannot really evaluate the actual 'bed & breakfast'. I would rate the motel as average.....nothing bad, nothing really to jump up and down about. Upon check-in, there was no real warm & fuzzy greeting like you would initially expect, nor was there any orientation to room location, nearby points of interest or where the ice machine was. Southport is a wonderful port town, and highly recommend a visit to this charming, historic town. The ferry ride to nearby Ft. Fisher and other beaches is quite a value....in our case $10 round trip!

1  Thank JohnnyTravel52
Reviewed July 8, 2011

There is so much history in the main house. I could have sat there all day reading the old books available in the main room! We met some really neat folks from different places (Alaska, of all things!). The staff is very accomodating, we were asked what we would like for breakfast & the entire morning feast was freshly cooked. It was so good & it was such a nice treat!

Room Tip: We stayed in Skip's Suite. The bed was very comfy! Nice balcony area.
Reviewed July 7, 2011

My husband and I had never stayed at a B & B before ... not my husband's "thing". We needed a place in town for business during the July 4th Festival and ended up staying a few extra days just for fun! The views, staff, food and hospitality were excellent and we felt like a part of the family. Even my husband can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Try Skip's Suite behind the main house, very private but still a B & B experience.
Reviewed June 26, 2011

My husband and I decided to visit Southport because we had heard it was a lovely historic town. We like small "mom and pop" motels and found the Riverview Motel on line. We liked the idea of swings on the porch outside the rooms looking out at the Cape Fear River. We found the motel rooms clean but rather small. We felt they were pricey for the motel it was. There was no continental breakfast. The loud air conditioner going off and on made sleeping difficult. It was convenient for walking the town and shops.

2  Thank minicoopercouple
Reviewed June 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Lois Jane's B&B to celebrate our anniversary. It was the first B&B we have ever stayed at and we were very impressed. The breakfast is served family style - wonderful! They are able to accomodate food allergies. Very charming and peaceful. Thank you to everyone there for a great visit...we will be back!

Room Tip: Miss Mary's room is the largest.
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We spent 3 "laid back" days here in June. Best trip of recent times. Staff was helpful in every way. After a 6 hour drive we were greeted with a glass of wine and snacks along with a rocking chair. Breakfast was the best of any B&B that we have visited.
Looking forward to a return trip in the fall.

Room Tip: Check out Skip's suite (3 room,s plus bath)
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southport
Hampton Inn Southport
#1 of 1 in Long Beach
Marsh Harbour Inn
Marsh Harbour Inn
#1 of 2 in Bald Head Island

Been to Lois Jane's Riverview Inn? Share your experiences!