“Great food and view!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My family and I love this place. We eat there every time we come down to the beach. Food is wonderful and a great value. My son would eat there every night if i would let him. It's a very causal atmosphere and family friendly. When they tell you that your table is ready, you go to the counter and place your order and get your drinks which are on the honor system. Love the open air setting. If you have a boat you can dock right outside the place. It is a great place to eat!

1  Thank ksink67
Write a ReviewReviews (1,128)

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Provisions is definitely not a fine dining establishment so if you are looking for that type of feel, please do yourself a favor and go somewhere else. You order when you enter, fix your own drinks, and get your seat. Yes, you are going to wait during high season to eat even at times during the middle of the day. It will be hot! But you do get to have your drinks while you wait for your table. The service was amazing. We were lucky enough to find a seat at the bar (small in size...only 8 people could fit) so we avoided the wait which is small. Our food came out within 5-10 minutes and we were helped by four waitresses while eating (you can't beat that for customer service!). The food is pretty good. I can attest for the crab cakes...not the best I ever had, but not too shabby either. The conch fritters were the same. They are also known for their grouper salad sandwich, which looked great if you are into cold salads. Prices weren't bad either...range from around $6 for most sandwiches with the bigger dinners around $15. Definitely worth trying if your in town, especially if you are wanting a real laid back and casual experience.

1  Thank scarolinian421
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Neat place if you're expecting fine dining this isn't for you. If ya want a place to be laid back with good food and people watch on the water this is it. Food is good I had the crab cakes and shrimp special pretty good not the best crab cake I ever had but not the worst, my mom and wife said the burgers where excellent though. I would return think 5 of us ate for less than 60 bucks so ya can't complain about that!!!

1  Thank Scott T
Reviewed July 12, 2014

we have been coming here for as long as i can remember..... this year was june 18 2014 around 5-530 pm. could not have been better timing for arrival. we always expect a wait, plan for that in deciding when we want to have our meal. the food is always hot fresh and good. if there is a problem which i can not recall in years of visiting, the staff is very accommodating always checking on our group. usually there are 6-8 of us but we have had as many as 12 including small children and babies. this makes for a bit more delay to get a group served as tables come open slowly. how fast can you peel half a pound of delicious shrimp? so when i read the negative comments about a favorite place it is discouraging. you can get your drinks and enjoy the waterfront while waiting. i feel like there are unrealistic expectations from a small popular place when complaints are voiced over the wait. i love the place and the surrounding restaurants also have waits and our experiences there have made me say not again to them. and one place wasn't even open the following year..... that says something in itself. i am defending a favorite of mine, and as busy as it stays it would seem to be a favorite of many many more. try for yourself and do not always accept another opinion to be the experience you will have. jean patterson fort mill, sc lifetime customer

1  Thank jeanboydpatterson
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Not sure how much I liked it...I don't think you would call it a seafood restaurant but they have a few items...steamed shrimp is focus it's good but pricey...all seating is open air...this can be rough depending on the weather...also it is self service...it really wasn't my cup of tea. It's kinda unique. ..views are good ...give it a try