“You Must Go Here When Visiting Southport” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Provision Company

The Provision Company
Ranked #3 of 81 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jackson
“You Must Go Here When Visiting Southport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2008

We went to the Provision Company while vacationing at Southport the end of June 2008. Located right on the waterfront. Fresh seafood. Excellent shrimp. Atmosphere fantastic. Casual dress. Staff friendly. Easy to find. Parking at the restaurant at the sides of the street. Prices reasonable for seafood.

1 Thank wesley1982

HILTON HEAD ISLAND
“Just Okay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2008

Provision Company is definitely different. The building is a bit of a shack with outdoor eating. Just as you walk in the door the cooks are just one foot away and cleanliness is questionable. A blackboard is up high behind the customers and quite confusing. The line was long and most people could not understand how to order. The food is ordered at the small counter and delivered to the tables by energetic, very friendly staff members. The crabcake was tasty but was mostly filler. The grouper salad was also tasty. The fries were very good. It was rather a different fun type experience, but I doubt we will go again.

1 Thank Easternview
Clemmons, NC
“Great food, great view, fun experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2008

This place is a must to anyone visiting the area. I love the steamed shrimp and my wife loves the crab cakes, but by far my favorite is the tuna sandwich. Best grilled tuna I've ever eaten! It's very casual, with the food being served on paper plates I believe, but the food is excellant and it's just so relaxing sitting on the dock watching the boats and birds.

It can get rather hectic inside but that's part of the fun, and also rather confusing for 1st timers. Just get in the first line when you enter (unless the line is already out the door, which is most of the time) and place your order when you get to the counter. The menu will be written on a board hanging up behind you. After ordering you go to the section behind you to get your drinks, which is done on the honor system (if you want a refill or 2nd beer then just go and get it). Then you go and find a table and wait until they bring your food out to you.

When you're ready to leave you go up to the counter in the other line to pay. Show them your ticket and tell them how many drinks you had. That's all there is to it - enjoy!

3 Thank Brad M
Tennessee
“Exceptional Value and Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2008

Outside dining, inexpensive, the whole experience is very unique and the staff make it fun. A top five "must do" if you are staying in Southport or Oak Island.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“I'll Get it Next Visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2008

Eating at the The Provision Company seems like the fun cool thing to do. The food was good, the service was good, but for a newbie it took a while to catch on.

When you walk in you are standing in the kitchen with people screaming at each other. There is a line to pay, and a line to order, but no visible menu. I looked behind me and found a chalkboard menu.

It was my turn and I ordered the crab cake burger and some fries with a beer. She asked my name told me to walk to the cooler and get my beer and have a seat outside and they would find me.

Sure enough, in a few minutes I could see my order and the waitress was looking for some black guy named Reggie. She finally called my name when she realized the crowd was all white.

The food was good but the system was confusing. I didn’t quiet know how to go about getting a second beer so I left.

Maybe soon I’ll get the hang of the place and be a cool person too.

1 Thank Reggie H