“Exceptional Value and Fun”

The Provision Company
Ranked #4 of 84 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed June 30, 2008

Outside dining, inexpensive, the whole experience is very unique and the staff make it fun. A top five "must do" if you are staying in Southport or Oak Island.

Reviewed May 23, 2008

Eating at the The Provision Company seems like the fun cool thing to do. The food was good, the service was good, but for a newbie it took a while to catch on.

When you walk in you are standing in the kitchen with people screaming at each other. There is a line to pay, and a line to order, but no visible menu. I looked behind me and found a chalkboard menu.

It was my turn and I ordered the crab cake burger and some fries with a beer. She asked my name told me to walk to the cooler and get my beer and have a seat outside and they would find me.

Sure enough, in a few minutes I could see my order and the waitress was looking for some black guy named Reggie. She finally called my name when she realized the crowd was all white.

The food was good but the system was confusing. I didn’t quiet know how to go about getting a second beer so I left.

Maybe soon I’ll get the hang of the place and be a cool person too.

1  Thank Reggie H
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed March 21, 2008

My husband and I love the atmosphere after the sun sets overlooking the Intercoastal waterway. Peel and eat shrimp and crab cakes are excellent.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 9, 2007

This place gets BUSY, and make sure to go just after the sun has set, otherwise the sun is in your eyes (the restaurant is on the water and faces West). The place where you order is very small so it gets crowded in there, but overall the food is sooo good (GET THE CRABCAKES!!!!!!), we enjoyed it.

2  Thank princess1180
Reviewed September 12, 2007

This was a different but cool place to eat. The food and the service was great, and they were very busy.

2  Thank IMAJINIT