“Great seafood”

Ranked #17 of 86 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: For current menu and wine list information, please visit our website
Reviewed August 30, 2012

A great place for a good meal with ambiance and excellent service.

We started with nice crusty rolls and a house salad with an excellent raspberry vinaigrette and goat cheese dressing. I had NC trout over butternut squash ravioli. An excellent combination. The fish was tender and flaky.

Great meal overall.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Lovely home turned into an even better resturant. While I did not have a reservation, I managed to get a table. Quality products make quality meals. The homemade blueberry pie was wonderful!! Local berries I was told. Umm!

2  Thank Sunflower53092
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Live Oak Cafe is our "go to" place for a romantic date night sort of evening. On our most recent visit I ordered the soup of the day which was a black eyed peas, greens, & tomato soup. Without doubt this should be a mainstay on the menu! Another couple at our table ordered a spinach salad and split it. Even the split portion was more than ample! Being a shrimp & grits connaisseur, that is what I ordered. It was tasty and the shrimp were large, but the "gravy" or sauce overpowered the dish... it was very "soupy" and just a bit too much for my taste. Others at the table had the shrimp pasta, scallops au gratin, and rib-eye steak and all were declared delicious. Chris and Katie took good care of us. We will be back and I will order the Mediterranean seafood bake next time!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

will try the ribeye next time. shrimp pasta was very good and prices reasonable. Worth a visit but come hungry--large portions, Our server was Chris and he wa great!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Quiet, elegant atmosphere, wonderful place to spend time with that special someone in your life. Definitely a bit upscale!