“'I ate everything even when I was not hungry!'”
Review of Pharmacy - CLOSED

Pharmacy
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The best discovery this trip was finding that the Pharmacy does not close in the afternoon. You can order breakfast, lunch, or dinner most anytime of day. We were able to be served an early dinner, and avoid a crowd for Friday night dinner.

The crab cakes were their own recipe and unusual, but WOW, so worth it. I ordered the mahi mahi and was not even hungry, but I ate the whole plate of fish, and the vegetables served with it.

Our favorite food while in Southport.

There are newer reviews for Pharmacy

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Great food - I had the mahi mahi special for lunch-- the fish was caught live same day in Cape Fear. Ambience was nice as well. Overall great experience albeit a bit pricey.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Wonderful gem in Southport. We called ahead to make a reservation and upon our arrival, we were delighted to be seated at the table for 2 in the front window. The menu has a lot of options, from sandwiches to large entrees. My husband and I split the home made roasted tomato soup and cream of mushroom soup for an appetizer. They poured each soup, side by side in the same bowl and the soups stayed separated. Very cool trick, and the soups were absolutely delicious. My husband had the home made crab ravioli , which was divine ( make sure to order a loaf to hot bread to dip in the lovely tomato sauce) and I had the pistachio crusted Mahi Mahi special . The fish was fabulous, and I really enjoyed the unique corn stuffed green pepper. We split the home made key lime pie for dessert...it was light and flavorful, such a treat. The waitress was super nice, and we had a lovely date night out. For a fabulous meal in Southport, definitely try The Pharmacy!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

If you are looking for a restaurant in Southport with all the charm and hospitality that one would expect in a quaint Southern town, do not visit The Pharmacy.
Upon arrival, we were "greeted" by an aloof and abrupt hostess. Once seated, we were introduced to the owner by one of the members of our party. During introductions, we were dismissed by the wave of a hand, mid-sentence with a "it doesn't matter" by the owner. To make matters worse, they were out of 3 different bottles of wine we ordered and 3 out of 5 entrees were cold in the center.
If you are lucky enough to go to Southport, do not venture here. You will be disappointed, as we all were.

2  Thank britte70
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Total experience of the pharmacy was top shelf, holds its own with any 5 star big city New York, Newport or Boston establishment.