“Gave it a go twice”

Blue Marlin Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: NEW STARTING THIS SUNDAY, LUNCH BUFFET!!!!! 11 - PM The Blue Marlin of Southport, NC is a huge restaurant with plenty of space. We specialize in large parties and family dinning and we are also proud to announce we have a full bar! Our menu varies to include fish, (Mahi, Tuna, Salmon, Grouper, Flounder) Lobster tail, Crab legs, shrimp and More! Starting July 24th we will also have All you can eat Shrimp on Thursdays! Come Join us today! Kids eat FREE on Sundays!(With purchase of qualifying adult meal) Ladies Night Fridays (ladies drink free with purchase of meals)
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I really wanted to see this place make it, but I doubt this place will be around much longer. The consensus among us locals is to avoid this place like the plague. It's such a shame. They are in a great location with lots of parking, and they've got it decorated very nicely. But that's all I can say positive. Both times we went there, we waited for over an hour to get our food despite only a few patrons being there, and both meals we had were sorely disappointing.

What really bothered me the last time, was one of the the owners or workers there was verbally berating one of the customers for complaining. Her attitude was completely unacceptable, and if I was the owner, I would have fired that young lady for her impudence and rudeness. From what I could hear, and what I observed, the customer's complaints were well founded. The food is terrible, cafeteria style food. They do not use fresh or local seafood. The fried shrimp I had were tough, rubbery, and frozen tasting, while also having a slight rancid oil taste. All I have to say, is gross. Never again.

3  Thank Melonie D

Reviewed July 2, 2014

It was getting late, around 8:15 pm, and we were hungry. We were told that the place had new management and the "food was better". We ordered our food, and got some hush puppies about 45 minutes later. Dinner was served about 1 hour after we ordered it. Two or three tables of people just got up and left. One couple was asked to stay by the wait staff, so they did, but left after a couple bites of the food. Our food was served, a little cold, somewhat cooked, then reheated. We did not eat most of the food. We will not eat there again. Good luck if you decide to visit the place after reading this review.

5  Thank Dave C
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My family scored a Groupon deal for here and we ate a late lunch/early supper here during our vacation in Carolina Beach. My husband and I got crab legs. They were great!!! Steamed to perfection, not mushy and seasoned with good ol Old Bay. Delicious! Service was good too (although we were the only ones there).

1  Thank Hilary R
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Wish There as an option for no stars. Food was awful, service was horrible, wait staff was uninformed about what was available and management was clueless. Please do not waste your money. Hey, but on the flip side they offered dollar drafts. Hell I guess I Just didn't get drunk enough to enjoy my meal. Should have had 12 instead of two.

5  Thank Chad S
Reviewed June 26, 2014

we travel from wv often and we came to this restaurant daspite all the bad raitings and we are glad we did the food was great and our server kelli was awesome and from our home town we was able to have good food and a nice conversation from reading these reviewes it seems to me that these are people just trying to put them out of business. we WILL be back