“Great FRESH Candy”
Review of Southport Taffy & Fudge Factory - CLOSED

Southport Taffy & Fudge Factory
Description: We are moving our location to 112 E. Moore St. Through the Courtyard. We will be reopening 2/1/2014. Please bear with us as we put the old time atmosphere back together. Southport Taffy & Fudge Factory is a shop that brings the old nostalgic feel of the boardwalk to Southport. The owners, Mark & Diane Salyer of Southport, felt that the old taffy & fudge shop atmosphere was missing in Southport so they decided to open one.
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

If you want REAL salt water taffy to take home from the beach....stop here! Great tasting taffy in many flavors and most importantly...it's fresh! The people there were also very nice!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We visited this place twice in our vacation to Oak Island. The sweetest people you'll ever encounter and the best taffy and fudge I've ever had! I highly recommend the popcorn taffy, a favorite of many of us! We were lucky enough to walk in the second time during the process of making the taffy, really cool!! I will be back for sure! Awesome place!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We are big fans of the homemade fudge and the may selections of fudge at the new Southport Fudge & Taffy Factory. We can barely keep the "Fudge Dish" at the Inn full. Everyone loves it and keeps going back for more. They often visit the actual Factory/Store on Howe Street and tell us how much they love seeing the fudge and taffy made. Fun and tasty!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

If you are a fan of fudge and/or taffy, you MUST stop by to purchase some before leaving. We stopped in on the day of their ribbon-cutting ceremony. I ordered the dark chocolate fudge with caramel and sea salt. I also purchased the butter pecan fudge. OH MY GOODNESS!!! The best fudge I have ever eaten!!! If I knew it was this delicious, I would have purchased more. I plan to call the store soon and have some shipped to me. Yea, it was that good! Perfect gift for someone too!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

More than well worth the 2 1/2 block walk just north of main street!

Both the fudge and the salt water taffy is so fresh, that it all just melts in your mouth! The toffee fudge is especially good, as was the seasonal confection of "Irish eggs". And the folks behind the counter were probably the nicest folks we met on our day trip to Southport.

Please go and support a new local business in Southport!!

1  Thank trlane