“Popular place!”

Local's Family Diner
Ranked #13 of 86 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I was told this was a good place to eat so I gave it a shot. Got there only to find it was a 20 minute wait. Ugh! Waited, got in and was seated. I was surprised how small it was inside. Got service and again waited for more than twenty minutes for my breakfast. Ugh! Was quite unhappy by this point and was getting ready to just leave when my food arrived. The food was very good and in good quantity. Reasonable prices. Service was lacking. I will definitely go back but not if there's a wait.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

The name says it all, this is a local family diner. The food is good, and plentiful, and local (I don't recall seeing flounder and grits on a menu anywhere else.) The grits are notably good. Service is good. Atmosphere is, well, a diner. Definitely worth a stop.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

True to it's name, Local's is just that, a local joint, owned by local folks serving the best breakfast for miles around. Very friendly atmosphere, good and plentiful coffee and true Southern diner servers makes this a great stop!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We were staying in Myrtle Beach and decided to take a road trip into North Carolina. We were headed to Wilmington, but as the day was leaving us, we decided to detour and head to Southport instead. After looking for a restaurant, we got some recommendations for spots along the water...all high priced, busy, and typical tourist places. We saw this on the way in to town and decided to head back to give it a try. We got all you can eat flounder and all you can eat shrimp. Although the shrimp were small (like creek shrimp), they were flavorful and tender. The flounder wasn't the best I've ever had, but was very good. Both dinners included slaw and fries for $10.99. The place was full and the service was efficient. I'm glad we went with our gut to try a local place instead of the tourist place.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Best food in Brunswick county...if you don't give it a try,,you will be missing out..I love the salads..but there's one special lady there that knows how to make a great one..there shrimp is good also..there Breakfast is a big winner..love the pancakes and grits..almost forgot the squash is awesome..and I shouldn't forget the Tea with 5 lemons..