“Normally great but horrible this time”

Local's Family Diner
Ranked #12 of 88 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We waited an hour for our food then our server said they were plating our food 15 min later no food then we get the bill. Mean while eating they did not ask if everything was okay. Not satisfied at all... not a good plave to go when busy theor staff is not good under pressure.

3  Thank beachbum1074

Reviewed April 28, 2013

The Locals is a place that the locals of Southport eat. We had passed the place several times on the way into Southport and the parking lot is always packed. We stopped in for dinner. My wife had the salad and I had the pork chop dinner. I was asked if I wanted them fried or grilled. I went with the fried. I received two large, delicious fried pork chops similar to what I had as a kid. The mashed potatoes and green beans were just as flavorful. I had the unsweetened tea. It was very good as well.
If you are looking for home cooking that the locals enjoy then try this place.

1  Thank OrlandoMouse
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have lived in the area for over 8 years, and Locals is not only inviting, but the food is consistently excellent. Great diner food as well as local (southern) cuisine can be found on the menu. The staff is amazing! They are always friendly and ready for a laugh and really want you to be happy. I feel like family there and eat like one of the family, too. Thanks Locals!

1  Thank Pookie249552
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Had breakfast and lunch at Local's. Jackie never let my coffee or tea get less than half full! She is a great server with a energetic and friendly personality.

1  Thank Tim F
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We asked at the hotel for a home cooked breakfast & got it : ) The staff was friendly & obviously knew all the regulars. The food was good, home cooking & cheap!