“It was better than I expected!”
Review of Frying Pan

Frying Pan
Ranked #6 of 86 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located on the historic Old Yacht Basin, the Frying Pan features fresh, local favorites from grilled and pan-seared seafood to perfectly fried specialties. Combined with savory homemade sweet potato biscuits and desserts by our own Ms. Dot, the Frying Pan offers unique combinations to suit any palateand fill the soul. Come by and get a taste of the low country served with a side of southern hospitality.
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

All the food was great!The hush puppies they provided were very good!They gave us a free samples of their soup that was fantastic and everything we ordered was very good!Waitress was wonderful and loved the view!Will be coming to eat there again!

1  Thank jessica j

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We came down to visit family in Oak Island for a few days, and they highly recommended the Frying Pan. I'm so glad they did. What can I add to what everyone else has said except that it's all true. We loved it so much Sunday night that we came back Tuesday night for more fantastic fish.The restaurant is located on the second floor and you can either walk up the stairs or they have an elevator that you can take, which is really nice. On both nights we arrived at about 6 PM and were promptly seated at a table by giant windows that give a fantastic view of the Cape Fear River with a gentle breeze to cool you down. Servers both nights were great, as a matter of fact our server Sunday night recognized us and came over to say hi and made sure we were well taken care of. As others have said it is moderate to high prices, but believe me, the food is worth the price. First, they bring you these little round hush puppies that were so good I had to stop myself from eating the whole basket. They have a seafood platter that is $22.95 that includes crab cakes, fried shrimp, fried oysters, and fish, and the waitress said it was enough food for two and we could split it between the two of us if we wanted to, which was really nice of her. We did and both of us still couldn't finish all of it. We learned the fish is not flounder, but a delicious type of white fish that has no bones to worry about, and the taste, just wonderful. And it comes with the best biscuits that my wife went crazy over. After the meal they bring out really great looking desserts for you to choose from, but we were so stuffed we just couldn't. The second night when we first sat down they brought us a sample of the clam chowder, and my wife thought it was so good she ordered a bowl of it to go. I really wish I could remember the names of the servers because both of them were excellent, but next time we're down to visit you can better believe we'll be back at the Frying Pan!! And you should go too!!

2  Thank Dan_N_NC
Reviewed June 15, 2014

The watermelon salad was wonderful, the crab cakes were mush – no crab and no taste, and the bacon wrapped scallops were more bacon than scallops. On the positive side the staff was very attentive, almost to a fault. We probably will not stop there again even though they have a fantastic view of the water – maybe for a drink and salad

Reviewed June 14, 2014

The food was wonderful, especially the shrimp. The atmosphere was very upbeat with an awesome view of the water. The wait staff were on top it!!! They took care of our every need and quickly. I do highly recommend The Frying Pan.

1  Thank Phyllis G
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Great food and service!! The sweet potato biscuits are awesome, shrimp and grits rock!! The gravy on them really makes the dish,

1  Thank Scott T