“Great place with great views”
Review of Frying Pan

Frying Pan
Ranked #6 of 86 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located on the historic Old Yacht Basin, the Frying Pan features fresh, local favorites from grilled and pan-seared seafood to perfectly fried specialties. Combined with savory homemade sweet potato biscuits and desserts by our own Ms. Dot, the Frying Pan offers unique combinations to suit any palateand fill the soul. Come by and get a taste of the low country served with a side of southern hospitality.
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This place is great. Has great food and great views. Prices are moderate to high but the food does mirror the price. The pan seared bacon wrapped scallops are great, and the filet mignon medallions are awesome worth the price. The only thing is I like to use my American Express when traveling and dining. They don't take it which I thought was a big mistake for a destination area like Southport. Would go there and spend more if they did, but since they don't have many other choices in the area.

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner at the Frying Pan the other night and loved everything about it. We had a beautiful view of the water way and didn't have to wait to be seated. Our waitress greeted us with some delish hushpuppies and offered a sample of their corn and shrimp chowder (also tasty). We ordered crab cakes for an appetizer, the shrimp & BBQ plate for him, and the tenderloin horseradish wrap for me. Everything came with fries, slaw, and a sweet potato biscuit that was out of this world. I got a sweet tea and hubs got a seasonal beer all for about $45. We are looking forward to dining here again on our next trip to Southport!

2  Thank AlliMag
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

A favorite of ours when visiting Southport. The food is fresh and the atmosphere is unbeatable. I was most impressed with the service - quick, efficient, knowledgable, and friendly. Will go back every year.

1  Thank Cdavenport7
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner here last night and the food is amazing. My husband got grouper and I got shrimp and grits. Amazing food and we will definitely be returning.

1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The best thing about this restaurant is the view. Food was okay but over priced. Nice atmosphere and friendly staff.