“Outstanding again!!”

Frying Pan
Ranked #10 of 82 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located on the historic Old Yacht Basin, the Frying Pan features fresh, local favorites from grilled and pan-seared seafood to perfectly fried specialties. Combined with savory homemade sweet potato biscuits and desserts by our own Ms. Dot, the Frying Pan offers unique combinations to suit any palateand fill the soul. Come by and get a taste of the low country served with a side of southern hospitality.
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Outstanding again!!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is the second time in a year I have visited the area and both times we chose to to come the Frying Pan Again. Wait staff is courteous and attentive. The fish is fresh and lightly fried and is some of the best I have ever had. I have eaten all up and down the Grand Strand and Brunswick Isle area and this place is in my top 5!! We will be back. I would suggest the grouper nuggets. I have a picky eating 4 yr old who loves them!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Mike M

Apex, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome food!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We went to Frying Pan couple times when I stayed in Southport, and we always loved everything they brought us! The stuff that works there is super nice, and the view you have while you eat is just wonderful!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Bill B
Lynchburg, VA
“Excellent and Fresh!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We came here recently and had an excellent meal!!! It wasn't crowded, the service was great and the seafood was sooo fresh. If I get to return to Southport Frying Pan is on the top of my list of places to eat! It should be on the top of your list too!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank cam4est
Raleigh, NC
“Good food, Great Views”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We've been to The Frying Pan 3 times this summer and each time the food was very good. We've tried several of the menu items including the crab salad (excellent), watermelon salad (excellent), grouper nuggets (everyone loved these) as well as the pan seared steak and grouper - did not expect to have such a great steak at a seafood place but it really was delicious as well the pefectly seared scallops. My favorite might be the shrimp and girts- cheesy grits with a rich cajun sauce and perfectly fried shrimp. Great addition to the Southport Yacht Basin.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank gaylancsu
Charleston, West Virginia
“The BEST at the Beach”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Vacationers for over 40 years to this area, this facility is, by far, the best overall for bar and food. Seafood fair with nice touch - crab salad is fantastic as are the fried crab cakes. Mixed drinks strength reminded me of college - actually potent! Our party of 10 returned 2 days latter for an equally enjoyable experience. Our waitress was phenomenal - attentive and personal without being intrusive. The indoor open-air dining was surprising comfortable with a state-of-art air flow system and screened walls. The harbor view is UNBEATABLE!

• Visited July 2013