“"Over The Top"”

Frying Pan
Ranked #10 of 82 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located on the historic Old Yacht Basin, the Frying Pan features fresh, local favorites from grilled and pan-seared seafood to perfectly fried specialties. Combined with savory homemade sweet potato biscuits and desserts by our own Ms. Dot, the Frying Pan offers unique combinations to suit any palateand fill the soul. Come by and get a taste of the low country served with a side of southern hospitality.
Southport, North Carolina
“"Over The Top"”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I am a local,. Therefore, I know the best places to eat. After reading some of the reviews I became disturbed because some people obviously don't eat out much. Paul and Marie built the Frying Pan at the customers demand. Unlike their other restaurant across the street one is able to order fried food. I understand on any given day, at "any" restaurant, things can be different. You can not honestly say "Anything" negative about the food here because it IS...over the top. Me, my family, my families friends from all over the US and my friends have probably ordered everything on the menu. Never once did anyone ever have a bad meal. Never once have we ever had to wait too long. Never once have we ever had poor service. I have eaten fried shrimp all over the States and the Bahamas and have never had it prepared so well. You barely know there is a batter, for it is so light. The Coconut shrimp is like no others. I promise you....that have never dined here....if anything is not according to your taste or liking...all you have to do is ask for Craig, Marie or Paul. They had rather GIVE you your meal...than for you to leave unhappy. They expect the best from their wait staff, their cooks and will not tolerate unprofessionalism. When you leave...you will definitely join me in saying...now that was...Over The Top.

6 Thank Bolinda1956

Lancaster, Ohio
“Awesome!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I took my family of six there tonight and everything was perfect. My wife and I have four children ages 8, 6, 4, and almost 2. It was great for them too. All of our meals came out fast and the food was perfect. I had shrimp, my wife fish, my kids had chicken strips and fish nuggets. We all loved our food.

They brought out hush puppies to the table to start and they were like cornbread balls. They were great!

Our server was perfect too. Friendly, quick, and kept all of our needs taken care of the whole time.

There was a wait of about 30 minutes but you can wait on a deck overlooking the water so it went by quickly.

The restaurant has open walls so the air blows in and creates a really comfortable experience. The dress is casual but some people were dressed up and others were very casual. Everyone fits in.

We can't say enough good about it.

4 Thank Matthew J
“Exactly what you would expect.....”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We love Southport area mainly because of the way visitors are treated like family. The frying pan is no exception. Wonderful waterfront, laid back environment with good fried foods. I read reviews saying the food was nothing to brag about.......its fried fish! I've never had fried fish that just blew me away. The
Frying Pan is just as good as anyone else but with a view and friendly staff.
Would I go back again. Ofcourse!! You won't be disappointed.

2 Thank k5ranger
NC
“Great Food!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our meal was perfect, 2 meals for 1 price, we order grilled seafood and it was delicious. It was the first time that I had sweet potato biscuits and I loved them. The server was friendly and super fast, we will go back.

Oak Island, North Carolina
“Great food, over serviced”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The atmosphere was great. Right on the water, nice breeze, very clean. The food was wonderful. I could make a meal just of the hushpuppies. We all ordered something different, and just kind of picked. Everything was great. I did not like the baskets. I guess I just feel like I'm too old to eat out of plastic baskets. The service was great. Actually, it was a bit too much. People literally running everywhere, constantly at the table. I felt very rushed. For me, dining out is about the whole experience, not just the food. I think the staff needs to stop running, have a little more fun, and not make me feel rushed.

Visited June 2013