“Truly Authentic Italian in a Romantic Setting”

Joseph's Italian Bistro
Ranked #3 of 86 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We ordered three courses at Joseph's and thoroughly enjoyed each tasty morsel. First they serve soft bread that has been baked with cheese, accompanied with olive oil and fresh grated parmesan cheese. I ordered the appetizer special, which was the escargo, and MyGuy ordered the eggplant rollatini. Both excellent. My main course was a veal dish, which was prepared to perfection. I didn't want the standard side of pasta with marinara, and the waitress pleasantly accommodated me with the sauce of my choice. We finished our meal with two varieties of cheesecake, which were unique in their ingredients, like pistachio! The meal quality and the service were first rate. We were very pleased with our experience. I'd like to add that the group of wait staff worked very well as a team to provide expert service.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

For an italian joint the steak is great. Very dark in side they should spend a little money on lights. The service was excellent for the first half of dinner. Than waiter disappeared over 1 hour to get check and to get credit card back. Not sure where he went or who he was with but it was anoying.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This fussy spoiled New York restaurant diner says that Josephs is by far the best restaurant in Southport. Excellent food, great view and friendly wait staff. Your not gonna get Babbo or Fedeli Scalini down here. But for upscale basics this is the best.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband and I dined here with another couple. They don't take reservations for smaller parties. Since it was very crowded in the bar area, we stepped out onto the deck and enjoyed the beautiful view of the marina. Our wait didn't seem that long. The service was excellent. My fish of the day - grouper - was delicious. My only nit was that the creamy polenta was barely warm. Considering the large crowd that night and gracious service, no biggie. We will definitely return.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

The thing that stood out for me about Joseph's was how great the entire staff - not just the server - is with children. They actually understand families, and speak to the children as if they are human beings, not like one would talk to someone who doesn't speak your language (basically ignoring them like most restaurants do). The food is of course, as you can read from other reviews, top-notch, and the atmosphere is appropriate and modern. I am a big believer in customer service, and Joseph's definitely goes above and beyond with theirs. Not too much, mind - but you will leave happy.