“Octoberfest Tastings”

Silver Coast Winery Tasting Room
Ranked #9 of 43 things to do in Southport
More attraction details
Owner description: In the heart of downtown Southport, NC come taste international award-winning wines made by Silver Coast Winery. In addition to our wines, we feature 6 craft beers on tap. The taps change frequently, so come often. After a day of antiquing come enjoy a wine or beer tasting or a glass of wine or pint while you browse our gift shop. The wine labels and art gallery feature works by local artists. Special events include wine and chocolate and wine and cheese pairings. The art gallery is a great setting for a bridal shower, private wine tasting and other events. Hours are Monday through Saturday from 11am to 8pm and Sunday from noon to 5pm. Wine tastings daily. Host a birthday party, bridal shower, anniversary party or other private event in our art gallery and tasting room.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Had a wonderful time with friends at the Octoberfest celebration this past Saturday. David and his knowledgeable team were great hosts for the event. SCW has a great selection of wines and unique beers...will be back the next time we travel to Southport, NC.

All reviews
"great afternoon"
"local art"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Me and 5 girlfriends were not sure what to expect but we were pleasantly surprised. Travis - the wine tasting guy - was very knowledgable on the wines. They had a good selection, not the traditional NC moscato sweet wines. Good value also. Shopping was available too!! Recommended.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I do not know jtuck0521, but I cannot help but think he brought an attitude with him on his September visit. I have lived in the area for six years and can emphatically state that each and every visit to the Silver Coast Winery tasting room has been a great experience. I know every staff member by name and am always treated with kindness and respect. They are cordial and very informed about their products. I enjoy being around them as much or more than the beverages. You never know when David will break out some goat cheese or Thomas will pick up his guitar or Nicholas will talk about the chemistry that goes on in a wine barrel. The owners are gracious and patient with folks who may not be familiar with wines or craft beers. The tasting room is a "must see" stop for anyone exploring Southport. By the way, I won't hide behind an anonymous email. My name is Lee Hinnant.

2  Thank Lee H
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stopped in while window shopping in Southport, and are so glad that we did. We decided to start with a half flight of wine and then expanded to the full flight once we realized how delicious and high-quality the wines are. Everyone in this establishment was super friendly, laid back, and knowledgeable about the products. We had such a great time just chatting and experiencing each wine, and we even sampled a beer and a cranberry cider. We ended up taking home two cases of assorted wine/beer/cider. I hope to come back next year when we are in the area!