“A Great Place to Stay....”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Southport
Asheville, NC
“A Great Place to Stay....”
Reviewed July 3, 2008

The staff was absolutely wonderful. They were friendly and helpful every step of the check in process. I checked in on my birthday. The next morning I found a birthday card at my door!

The room was big, clean and very well laid out. I think this may go down as the best road hotel I've ever stayed in. I highly recommend this place for anyone visiting the Southport area.

• Liked — The Staff!!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Cary, NC
Reviewed June 21, 2008

The staff was excellent and very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and spacious. The breakfast was also very nice with plenty of cold and hot options, including make-your-own waffles. The hotel was much more than I expected and I was pleasantly surprised. If you're doing some sight-seeing in the area, be sure to ask the staff for help. When I asked, staff quickly presented me a package that contained guides, maps and even coupons.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — The pool is a bit small but it's still a pool.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
Reviewed September 13, 2007

The Comfort Suites in Southport,NC, is one of the best hotels, that we have ever stayed at. We recommend it highly,the staff was courteous, and helpful. The suites were spacious, and kept spotless. . We had a wide choice of food for the "free" continental breakfast. All in all,it's a hotel that we are planning on visiting again.

• Liked — The courteous service & the cleaniness>
  • Disliked — no dislikes
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
Bolivia, NC
Reviewed June 27, 2005

We stayed at the Comfort Suites at Southport earlier this month and found it to be a very nice, comfortable and clean place to stay. It is convenient to a shopping center with two food stores and restaurants, plus it is just a few miles from Southport with its restaurants. Their breakfast, while nothing to rave about, is better than the average Continental breakfast in most motels. Our room also has a mini-fridge large enough to hold several sodas. All in all, a nice place to stay if you are in the area.

3 Thank fgaaron
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 2, 2003

We booked a room at the Southport Comfort Suites Inn two weeks prior to our arrival. We were guaranteed a late arrival (until 7 A.M. the next morning, in fact, which I thought was really great!). We arrived @ 8 P.M. the night of our booking.They gave us a smoking room. Immediately when I entered the room I called the desk and explained that they had made a mistake because we had requested a non-smoking room when booking the reservation. She said that we were late arriving and all of the non-smoking rooms had been given away with the exception of the one with the jacussi and the cost was greater.Please explain to me what kind of guarantee this is. If they aren't guaranteeing the same as what I booked then their guarantee is no good to me.We chose to go down the road to the Hampton Inn because they had a non-smoking room available at the same basic price we would have had to pay for the smoking room at the Comfort Suites. We will not book with the Comfort Suites again. I called the number to wage a complaint and received a disinterested party and later a disinterested letter explaining only that since we were late the management had the right to give our room away.Again I ask. What guarantee?

22 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
tsindt, Regional Director at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 26, 2008
We apologize for the experience that the guest encountered. We purchased the property two years ago and have made strides in improving our guest service and the product. We hope that the guest will give us another chance and experience our hospitality.

Terry Sindt
Guests Inc.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southport
Wingate by Wyndham Southport
Hampton Inn Southport
Hampton Inn Southport
#1 of 5 in Southport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Southport - Oak Island Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Carolina Beach Oceanfront
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!