“You have got to go. Best bakery in the area!”
Review of The Confectionary

The Confectionary
Ranked #2 of 3 Bakeries in Southport
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Large selection of treats for even the most selective of sweet tooth's. Absolutely, the best bakery in the area. From cupcakes to apple turnovers, honey buns, chocolate selections, muffins, etc... too many to recall. We always stop and get a few treats to take back home. Tried others in the area and not one compares. Make this a must on your travel itinerary. :)

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This bakery has the BEST desserts and quite a cornucopia of sugary selections. From the frosting on the cupcakes to the flavors of boston creme to german chocolate, and some have filling inside the batter, too! The muffins are gigantic, the fruit pies are yummy, and cheesecake in a flavor or two all have my vote. The owner, Bobbie is always standing behind the counter with her southern charm to greet you and help with your selections. the oven is filled with the days newest concoction and a crumb cake or tray of brownies cooling on the stove top. The place has seating for up to 12 and coffee and cold drinks in the nearby cooler. So on your way to OI, heading down Long Beach Road, on your way in or out, take a minute to stop at that light and get your dessert box to go! Lots of goodies for everyone! Bagels are great too!

2  Thank PApatti915
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I've only been here once so far but will continue to come back in the future. The cost was fair and the two items I got were huge! I highly recommend their boston creme pie cupcake. My only complaint is that I couldn't buy everything that was available. It all looked wonderful.

2  Thank themirandarin
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I ordered 2special birthday cakes from Iowa at this special bakery in Southport, NC.
The service was friendly and the cakes were especially fresh and beautiful. We arrived on Saturday and
The bakery closed at noon. We were running late and barely made the closing time. I was told that they
would have waited for me to pick up the cake no matter what. This bakery is one of the best I have ever used.

2  Thank ntune
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stop by for delicious treats and great conversation. Cupcakes are amazing! We stop by on every visit to Oak Island.

1  Thank Becki W