“Picturesque outdoor eating, but the food was underwhelming”
Review of Yacht Basin Eatery

Yacht Basin Eatery
Ranked #54 of 86 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Waterfront Italian/American Eatery featuring Locally Caught Fresh Seafood. Outdoor waterfront dining with the best sunset view on the Yacht Basin. We offer a Full Bar, Varied Menu, Live Music, and have dog and smoke friendly area for diners. We support the Rainbow and you can use whichever restroom you like!
Reviewed August 28, 2014

We loved sitting outdoors for lunch at this fun nautical-themed eatery. It was fun sitting right up next to the piers and watching the boats come in. My friend and each had the lobster bisque, which we had heard was delicious -- and it did have a good flavor, with sherry peppers. But it arrived lukewarm. The hot tuna croissant we had needed some seasoning, and was disappointing.

4  Thank indymama1

Reviewed August 27, 2014

My wife and I went for a late lunch, been there several times and the waterfront atmosphere is the best part. This time it took us 10 minutes after being seated before anyone even acknowledged us. We gave our order and waited an hour for our food. When we saw people who came in after us getting their food I asked the waiter and was told that the kitchen is busy, and grill food comes out quicker... I ordered a "grilled" chicken sandwich and my wife got a salad. it was obvious our waiter Adam, forgot to place our order. Never got any attention or refills and when my sandwich finally came out it was wrong and Adam asked "do you want me to take it back"? Really ?? No I want to wait an hour for the wrong food. We got attitude and then I left a $2,00 tip and wrote on receipt that the tip reflected the service.. Here is the kicker, when we got our CC statement, the tip was changed and $5.00 was added. I could not believe it. I called the phone number on receipt (owner) and explained what happened... She found the receipt and sent me a copy, and it was clearly changed. She told me she did not believe it was changed.. OMG.. it is so obvious.. she basically called me a liar, and asked her if she thought I went around and tried to get $5,00 back from everywhere I eat.. are you serious??? I NEVER ONCE ASKED FOR MY MONEY BACK.. I just wanted an owner to know she had a thief working for her... I guess she didn't care.... If you don't want to be ripped off... DONT GO HERE!!!!

12  Thank 106rayb
Reviewed August 25, 2014

First time visit for my wife and I. Overall, we had a very good experience. I ordered the Mahi-Mahi Tacos and my wife had a grilled cheese with tomato 7 bacon. We were very pleased with the quality and portion size of each dish. I will agree with most of the comments in regards to the menu being overpriced, but so is every menu in the greater Wilmington area, this was no shock for us. The service was prompt and very polite with smiles! The only negatives is that hostess needs to at least smile more often. The other negative is that the "tiki bar/tin hut" is a cash only bar.... that's just terrible. If you have a terminal within, there is no excuse of not having another for the bar... hello!

2  Thank Gregg M
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Not sure what to do with this restaurant. We were greeted by a hostess wearing a shirt that said 'Saucy Wench' (which I wasn't ready to explain to my 8 year old) and there is a sign saying it is an Italian restaurant, but there isn't much Italian on the menu. Are we pirates or Italian? Were there any Italian pirates? The service was slow, and my tea glass never saw a refill. The one redeeming factor is that we saw a couple of dolphins during lunch. Southport has a lot more to offer.

1  Thank T R
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is situated next to the water. The outdoor bar is just at the entrance and is definitely a great place to meet the locals, relax with the family, and enjoy the beautiful Carolina weather. The service at the bar was warm and friendly.

I would advise not going past the bar due to the mediocre food you select upon entering the dining area.

The mussels were overcooked, the shrimp were over salted, and the calamari were soggy and possibly freezer burned. The oysters were mediocre.

I would advise a nice dinner elsewhere and then stopping by here for the bar experience.

3  Thank ATraveller063