“ah okay”
Review of Yacht Basin Eatery

Yacht Basin Eatery
Ranked #50 of 81 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Waterfront Italian/American Eatery featuring Locally Caught Fresh Seafood. Outdoor waterfront dining with the best sunset view on the Yacht Basin. We offer a Full Bar, Varied Menu, Live Music, and have dog and smoke friendly area for diners. We support the Rainbow and you can use whichever restroom you like!
Wilmington, North Carolina
“ah okay”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Yacht Basin Eatery has a beautiful water view of the river and intracoastal waterway. It is definitely a tourist attraction as are the other restaurants along the street. Our table ordered the Basin Burger and The "Saucy" Wench. The burger looked delicious and was said to be very good. The "Saucy" Wench was a chicken sandwich with avocado. The avocado was not ripe and the the chicken was dry with nothing "saucy" about the meal. We used a coupon and if it wasn't for the coupon we probably would have decided on other place to eat. The menu online and pictures look so much better than what was served.

Southport, NC
“Tired of Seafood?”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Great Pizza and other dishes that set them apart from the rest at the yacht basin. Don't eat there often, but have not been disappointed. Good views outdoors.

Visited June 2013
Cary, North Carolina
“"Gourmet Waterfront Restaurant" - they are on the waterfront and it is a restaurant”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stopped in here with some friends for lunch after another restaurant we planned to go to was closed. When I got home I looked at their website and after seeing pictures and descriptions of the food and restaurant, I was surprised to see "Gourmet Waterfront Restaurant". Based on the menu we were given to make our selection from, 'gourmet' IMO, is a stretch; it is on the waterfront and it is a restaurant. What is shown and described on the website differs from my experience. The food was good, the service was slow and we were informed after we sat down and placed our order that they were short staffed. Those who came in after us were given an hour wait time even though there were tables cleaned, set up and ready to be used (they were informed of being short staffed and waiting for the kitchen to catch up, if I understood correctly). Our food was served in the plastic baskets lined with the parchment paper, our utensils wrapped up and sealed in a paper napkin; I’m not saying there is anything wrong with this presentation of how the food was delivered, however, IMO, I don't view this a gourmet-ish presentation of food being served. Coming from the RDU area and eating at gourmet restaurants like Vivace’s, Travinia’s, Café Luna, Irregardless Café, Nana’s and others of the like, I personally can’t put the Yacht Basin Eatery food, dining, presentation and overall experience in the same gourmet category. I gave it an average rating because I didn't think it was poor, but I also didn't think my experience was a reflection of what is portrayed in their website.

Southport, North Carolina
“avoid this place like a sewer”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Go any where else in the area, McDonalds fish sandwich is better.
The cook, or for that matter anyone else working there, doesn't know what blackened is.
We're locals, but they must have figured we were tourists and they'd never see us again anyway.

1 Thank hurricanemitch
Savannah, Georgia
“Great lunch, beautiful view”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Family of four had a late lunch here. The service was friendly and efficient. Loved the crab cakes, scallops and shrimp. I don't eat oysters but hubby said they were good. The chef came out and chatted about the area. He saw me sharing fries with my daughter and sent out a complimentary basket. Very nice experience.