Hampton Inn Southport
Riverside Motel(Southport)
Driftwood Motel(Oak Island)
BSL Motel(Southport)
View Hotel
Bald Head Island Limited(Bald Head Island)
  • Pool
Ocean Crest Motel(Oak Island)
View Hotel
All reviewscomplimentary breakfastparking lotoak island beachesstaff was friendlycookiesstay there againclean roomsfront desk staffbottled wateroatmealthe breakfast areagreat place to stayclose to downtownbald head islandexcellent stayevery morningsouth port
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2006

My family and I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Southport, NC for 4 nights on our 4th of July vacation. We can honestly say that this was the cleanest hotel we have ever stayed at. They wash ALL of the linens between each customers stay....even the pillows and the comforter. That was very important to me. The bed was very soft and comfortable and they provided plenty of pillows. Every part of the motel smelled clean. All of the staff seemed very friendly, especially the workers at the front desk.

• Stayed: July 2006
Reviewed July 6, 2006

This was our second stay at this Hampton Inn, our first was Memorial Day weekend, so I saw how they handle high volume. I would recommend the rooms with 2 queen beds, microwave, and fridge. It is larger than the standard room. The pool area was nice for our kids, however, on this visit the smokers chose the pool as their hang-out. I wish the pool area was non-smoking. The staff at this hotel from front desk to the maids, truly are a friendly group, very helpful. My husband forgot his laptop cord when we left, and one of the young ladies brought it to wilmington after her shift (at 11pm!) We drove into Southport for the fireworks, this was a very long fireworks display, very well done. You can be at the beach on Oak Island in less than 10 minutes, or (10 minutes away, 30 minute ferry ride)you can take the car ferry ($5 per car) over to Kure Beach, visit the Aquarium, and spend the day on the beach at Fort fisher. We will continue to visit this Hampton for long weekends, however, we stay here using Hilton Honors points. I would pay $85 to stay here any day, but on special weekends, (like the 4th of July) the rates can rise to $175, I think that's a bit steep, for a Hampton.

• Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank ilivewithmonkeys
Reviewed June 26, 2005

We spent three nights at the Hampton Inn in Southport, NC and were thoroughly pleased. The free breakfast was exceptional, far beyond the typical "continental" breakfast provided by other similiar hotels. There was free, wireless broadband Internet access which we used with our laptop. The room was very clean, non smoking and not a trace of stale smoke. Housekeeping did an excellent job. All in all, we would highly recommend this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: June 2005
4  Thank Soundbite
Reviewed February 22, 2005

Our stay here was for a visit due to the loss of my mother-in-law. My two kids and I met up with my wife who had flown ahead and made the reservation for us. From the start the front desk showed true compassion for our loss in such a genuine fashion that I knew we were among friends. They had put a candy and cookie basket in our room for us and the kids that put a much needed smile on our faces. The staff all around the hotel was extremely accommodating, the breakfast in the AM was just what we needed every morning and the 24hr coffee was a blessing. Susan was always around taking care of the lobby and making sure everything was perfect for us. The last night the staff put another basket in out room with a condolence card from the staff and it made us feel like we were part of their hotel family. The beds were always turned down for us when we returned from our family visits and the room and bath were 4 star clean daily. We will always recommend this hotel, we often talk about this hotel experience as helping in the loss of our loved one. Thank you Hampton Inn, we will never forget you!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2005
8  Thank MCIFARETTO
Reviewed January 15, 2005

We stayed here while we were home searching and this is the place to stay! Very friendly, helpful staff and wonderful breakfast layout! Rooms very clean and new. Definately recommending this to family visitors!

3  Thank mrsstrom98