“Great Value and Great Service”

Hampton Inn Southport
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Southport
Reviewed September 16, 2013

For a Beach Hotel you would never be able to tell. Staff is best there is. Always accommodating and willing to help. Great value for the location. Close to the beach and downtown Southport. Close to great local restaurants. A MUST STAY HOTEL.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Samuel G
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Southport

Reviewed September 15, 2013

There was not one thing that I could complain about. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. Could not have asked for anything else at breakfast, great variety. Staff was very nice and they offered bottled water everyday along with fruit and a daily snack. So customer friendly. Upon leaving they were offering every guest a paper bag filled with a water, fruit and a pastry for the road. I felt very special and appreciated as a quest. Will go back.

Room Tip: We were on the first level. Loved the fact we did not have to wait for an elevator. Quiet also.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea G
Reviewed September 14, 2013

it worked very well for me, great place, the people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful , you get more than what you pay, i definitely will stay there again and recommend it to anyone who plans to go to southport !

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Francisco B
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Great time. Staff was friendly and quite helpful. Hilton and Marriott beds are always great. I would like to see a little upgrade to the hot breakfast items. Good location to explore the area (golf and beach). Southport area has an interesting mix of low key and hidden upscale amenities.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kent O
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Very nice hotel that is close to South Port and Oak Island. Breakfast is of good quality, rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. Staff is very friendly. Have stayed at this Hampton Inn whenever I go to South Port.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rob S
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Good staff good room good food good stay.The attention to detail places the Hampton above other Hotels and made this a happy stay for our 57th wedding anniversary. Thanks for the complimentary newspapers and bottled water, as well as the Wed night pulled pork sandwiches with wine and beer

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David N
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I called for a nonsmoking room and was offered a smoking room based on availability. I expected the room to have a lingering smell and since it was the only room in the area, I had no choice but to accept it. I asked for a discount since I did not want a smoking room and tobacco smoke makes me physically ill. The entire 3rd floor smelled like smoke but the room was like being enclosed in a smoked up box which caused my allergies to worsen the entire 4 day trip. There were significant stains on the upholstered chair and ottoman in the room. I would be afraid to know what they were from. The pool is OK but the swarms of mosquitoes were so bad we were not able to stay more than 10 minutes. I have stayed at this particular hotel several times in the past for work and was highly disappointed to spend my vacation this way. I ended up moving to another hotel for the remainder of the trip. The quality and cleanliness of the rooms has definitely decreased since my last visit. It is not a value to overpay for a miserable experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tonya H
eerickson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Southport, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. i'm sorry that we were not able to accommodate your request for a non-smoking room over Labor Day Weekend. I understand that this put a damper on your vacation.

Because we stand by our Hampton Guarantee, and because you were not 100% satisfied, we have refunded the charges for the night that you stayed with us.

We are looking forward to renovating our guestrooms this winter, and hope that you will have another chance to stay with us.

Safe travels!
Eleanor Erickson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Southport
Wingate by Wyndham Southport
Golden Sands
Golden Sands
#2 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Southport? Share your experiences!