“Poor housekeeping”

Hampton Inn Southport
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Southport
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Housekeeper was in room next to ours cleaning and said "Good Morning" to us as we left at 10 AM but she didn't clean our room. When we got back we called the front desk and was told if we wanted clean towels we had to come down stairs and get them, which we did.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank V6925LSgaryb
eerickson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Southport, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Southport. I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, as it is always helpful for our team.

I apologize that your room w as not serviced properly during your stay. I will work closely with our housekeepers to ensure that we stay on top of this issue.

I hope we will see you again in Southport. Until then, safe travels!

Warm regards,
Eleanor Erickson

Reviewed August 12, 2013

What a nice, clean, friendly place to stay in Southport. We had nothing but positive experiences. Great staff, great breakfast, clean facility, convenient location. One of the quietest hotels we have ever stayed at. Always greeted by a smiling face from the Staff. I would recommend to anyone traveling for business or pleasure. Will definitely be back when visiting the area again and we WILL be visiting again. Love this area!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tsasford
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I just returned from my trip today. The hotel was easy to find and is around a lot of places to eat and not far at all from the beach. The road that it's on is very busy at certain times of the day. The lobby is very cute and clean. Breakfast was pretty good and plentiful. Free coffee, hot water for tea and cocoa, cookies and bottled water is available in the lobby. There is a small pool located outside of the hotel. There are 3 floors and one elevator. We stayed on the 3rd floor. We asked for a room away from the elevator and ice maker. They gave us a room beside the elevator and ice maker anyway, however it wasn't bad. We could only hear when the housekeepers were in that area.

Our room had a lot of wear and tear, but it was clean for the most part. The room had a larger size mini fridge which came in handy. We could fit a lot in it. Microwave came with it as well. The drawers were not clean so I had to clean them out before putting clothes inside. Mildew in the bathroom, but it was clean. A few stains were on the linens as well. My only real complaints were that the fire alarm came on around 3 a.m. It lasted less than a minute, but scared the crap out of my husband, son and I. It was a false alarm, but we couldn't go back to sleep. Also one of the queen beds made noise every time we turned over.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Athena G

Thank you for staying with us at Hampton Inn during your recent visit to Southport. I appreciate that you've taken the time to share some feedback with us.

I am pleased to tell you that we will be renovating all of our guestroom this winter, including carpet and furniture. I do hope you will be able to come back and visit us again when the remodeling is complete.

Safe travels and warm regards,
Eleanor Erickson

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed overnight at the Hampton Inn In Southport along with three grand kids. This place was was clean, the staff was totally friendly and so helpful and took time to address any questions. My wife loved the comfortable beds and the Grand kids love the bountiful breakfast. and the short drive to Long Beach. An example of their customer service was the fact that we arrived well before check-in and without batting an eye, they checked us in early. All in all, We would definitely tell anyone who happens to be in that area of NC (Oak Island, Long Beach,etc) to give this place a try. Don't think you'll be disappointed.

1  Thank Jack E
Reviewed August 2, 2013

...from ensuring our visit was uneventful. Arriving a day earlier, the hotel staff assisted us with changing our reservation and never once made us feel as though it was an inconvenience. From clean rooms, to quick service, and plentiful food at breakfast - just good all the way around.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Seeing as there are very few hotels on Oak Island itself, I looked a little further and found the Hampton Inn, I always try to stay at Hampton Inn on my overnight trips, etc because of the pride they take in their properties. This one was no exception, while the hotel is a little older, it is extremely clean and well kept. The breakfast was top notch, check-in was a breeze, and the room was clean and comfortable. I love the "clean sheets for every guest" that is very important to me. I can't understand the bad reviews I saw. No complaints from me, and i'm very picky when it comes to a hotel.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great staff, terrific complimentary breakfast, nice clean, quiet rooms. Excellent location on one of the main arteries in Southport. Nice place for families traveling together. Would definitely stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southport
Comfort Suites
Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach
Golden Sands
Golden Sands
#2 of 19 in Carolina Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Southport? Share your experiences!