“Southern Comfort at the Southport Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Southport
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Southport
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great staff, terrific complimentary breakfast, nice clean, quiet rooms. Excellent location on one of the main arteries in Southport. Nice place for families traveling together. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in July on business.

We arrived late on a Thursday night and were checked in quickly and efficiently. The front desk clerk recommended a couple of spots downtown and we made our way into Southport.

The room was kept very clean and we greatly appreciated the desk, refrigerator, and excellent complimentary breakfast.

The only, very minor, downside was parking. This hotel is pretty popular and the parking lot is very full if you arrive late in the evening.

We'd stay here again in a heartbeat. Many thanks to the Hampton Inn team!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed here while in town for business. Everything about the room was nice and clean, with comfortable bed and nice TV. WIFI worked well. The floor felt a little noisy, as I felt like the folks in the room below me could hear me walk across the floor, and I could hear the people above me. This is a pet-peeve of mine.

The breakfast area was nice, and the food was hot and good. I was able to get a little work done while waiting for my coworker to meet me.

There were many vacationers here, so I'm sure it's convenient to the beach, but sadly I didn't make that visit.

I would probably stay again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for the top floor if footsteps from above bug you.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2013

this hotel has nice pictures on line, but that doesn't prepare you for the out dated rooms that have a heavy smoke smell. like you are walking into a big ball of smoke. The furniture sucks and the room wasn't clean. I can go on, but enough said. Don't let the pics fool you.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Christopher B
eerickson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Southport, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear Christopher B,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am so sorry that our accomodations did not live up to your expectations during your past visit. Please know that we stand behind our Hampton 100% Guarantee, and hope that we might be able to have you as our guest another time.

Safe travels,
Eleanor Erickson

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Really great staff. They were quick to get me checked in and called my room to make sure it met my satisfaction. I couldn't print a document from the computer in the business center and the staff offered me an alternative solution that met my needs perfectly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Clean, great breakfast. Nice pool. Convenient and good price. Located on main road to Southport. Family oriented. Quiet. Easy to find. Helpful staff. Good place to stay near beach. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Very pleased with the accommodations. Also please that discount was given for AAA, ARP, etc. Being retired and on a fixed income, every penny helps. I would definitely stay again and recommend to my friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southport
Wingate by Wyndham Southport
Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach
Golden Sands
Golden Sands
#2 of 19 in Carolina Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Southport? Share your experiences!