“Great bar and grill”

Dining options: Late Night
Southport, North Carolina
“Great bar and grill”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

A little Key West right in Southport. A wide variety of beers and good food, including barbeque (served with ground up onion rings on top, now that is different, but good) they also feature some Vietnamese dishes that are very good as well as fish tacos etc,etc. We go there often and they actually stay open til at least nine most nights. Very popular place, lots of locals go there. Difinitely a fun place to go.

Visited September 2013

Archdale, North Carolina
“Owner extremely rude!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

My husband and decided to try Loco Jo's from a local recommendation. I ordered a dish I didn't like. I sent it back. The owner came out and asked me what was wrong with my food. I simply explained I didn't like it. He proceeded to tell me "I sell 20 of those a week and I've never had a single complaint. You're the first". Extremely rude. Staff was very accommodating, but I can PROMISE you we will NEVER be back!!

• Visited April 2014
Southport, North Carolina
“Loco Joe's Has The Mo Jo!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Every time we go here we are amazed with the energy and friendly vibrations at LoCo Joe's. The owners are above and way beyond friendly and make us feel welcome. We felt this welcome even as total strangers to Southport. We have since moved to Southport. The food at LoCo Joe's is always good - always try the fresh fish specials. 100% sanitation rating years in a row here which I've never seen in any NC restaurant. The owners and waitstaff take real pride in cleanliness. Go there!

Kingston, New Hampshire
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

This is the second time we have had lunch at Loco Jo's in Southport. Both lunches were great!
I am particularly fond of the Conch Chowder...a tomato based sweet and hot blend with plenty of vegetables and conch bits...wish i had the recipe...
The beer and wine choices are excellent and the staff is extremely friendly and attentive...

• Visited March 2014
NC
“Fresh food but lacking flavor”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

We were in southport for the day and decided to try loco Jo's bc of the reviews on trip advisor. The place was very clean and the lady running the place was very friendly, our waitress was not as amicable. We did have difficulty with tight parking, but the restaurant is so small it's probably not a big issue. The menu had a wide variety. I ordered the chipotle steak tacos bc the waitress said they were great. They were not. They had no flavor and were just plain bland. I think it came with about 10 chips. My husband ordered the fish and chips. It looked good and was very fresh but again, no flavor. There was no kids menu so we had to order our 3 year old an appetizer That was $7. I guess maybe the place is a better drinking spot than eating spot. Lunch for the 3 of us was around $40 with a tip, kind of expensive for what we got. I doubt i would go back bc there are so many other great options in the area that are more reasonable.