“So good we went twice in one week”

Dead End Saloon and Fish Factory
Ranked #24 of 86 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My family vacations in Oak Island every year, but it wasn't until this past Summer that we discovered the Dead End Saloon. I loved it! The first time we went we got the cajun crab lumps and broccoli tempura as appetizers and both were delicious. The crab lumps are like a hot crab dip. I had the jerked chicken as my entree and the house-made jerk sauce was out of this world. Insanely delicious. My boyfriend had the catch of the day and also enjoyed it. Several other family members got crab legs and raved about them.

We were only there for a week but my boyfriend and I decided to head back again just the two of us because we wanted to try the crab legs everyone had liked - they were fantastic! We also got crab cakes which were my least favorite thing we tried there. I love crab cakes but these weren't my favorite.

The atmosphere is great and the views are nice. The bar looks fun though we didn't sit there. We will definitely be back next Summer!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

A couple of great things right off the start, there is air conditioning on the porch and they are open year-round. Additionally, if it starts to rain they can quickly and easily close windows on the porch that are a type of tinted plastic. There is just one menu for lunch and dinner, it is a little pricy for lunch but very reasonable for dinner. It is a large menu with lots of options, service was good and the food selected was even better. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

It is a little off the beaten path in terms of Southport, but make sure to find this location and give it a try. It is just one menu, so lunch is a little expensive but that means dinner is pretty cheap and reasonable. The views and the layour of the porch are fantasic. The service was good and the food was great, so we will definitely be back.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

My parents recently moved to the Southport area, and during my visit wanted to check out the Dead End Saloon they both had been hearing about. You walk in and the bar is right in front of you. There was a large group of people congregating as you tried to enter, that was annoying. However the friendly bartender quickly spotted us and gave us a signal to walk around the large group to where we could be seated. They have a wonderful screened in porch right on the water. It was great view, and breezy on the porch. No bugs what so ever which was nice. Our server Chris was very friendly and prompt with service. We had coconut shrimp which was prefect, not too greasy not a ton of breading. We all raved about our food! The cheesesteak and french dip looked and smelled amazing. They were served with the best sweet potato fries I ever had in my life. My buffalo chicken salad was yummy as well. My parents will definitely be going back to Dead End Saloon and I hope to too on my next visit.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Great little seafood place on the IntraCoastal Waterway. Fun atmosphere and sort like a neighbor pub. Service and food were enjoyable.