“Dead End is a dead end”

Dead End Saloon and Fish Factory
Ranked #20 of 81 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Califon, New Jersey
“Dead End is a dead end”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

If you come to the dead end turn around unless you only want to have a drink in a decent atmosphere. Mosquito's were in the screened in porch so bring your spray. Food stinks.

4 Thank innjgirl

Indianapolis, Indiana
“coconut shrimp were awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had the tuna steak sandwich blackened it was delicious! Great view, great service, and great decorum.

Visited July 2013
Kernersville, North Carolina
“Best of Our Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Best meal of our vacation. Well worth the drive to South Harbour. Great view of the waterway, friendly, knowledgable service, and excellent quality food. Our party had a burger, steak sub, wings, quesadilla, and crab cake, and as the one who had the crab cake, I can say it was one of the best I've ever had! Everyone raved about the quality of the meal. Well run in all respects. Can't wait to return.

Fairfax, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I go here whenever we are in Oak Island or Southport. The place is located at the deadend of the road right on the ICW! The view is amazing. Better yet is the food!! We have ordered the chicken wings, calamari, and when on special the CLAMS!!! Each of them is amazing!! My wife is from Maryland's eastern shore and she always orders the crab cake and a National Bohemian!! If you are from Maryland or appreciate true Maryland Crab and Beer...this is the place!!! I talked to the manager Elaine and she informed me that the owner just bought 4 of the slips out front on the ICW and now you can park your boat right in front and walk right up to the restaurant!!! In addition to the great food this place has a fully stocked bar and the owner will get what ever you may want from where every you are from. I LOVE Michael Collins Whiskey and the owner over heard me and told me that when I come back it will be there. Well, the next time I came it my Michael Collins was there!!! This place has live music, televisions, NASCAR, and anything else you could want. Plus they are open everyday from 11:00 until.....I can not wait to come back for Christmas and see what they offer.

• Visited June 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Don't know why there were so many bad reviews. We dined there for the second time yesterday and our service, and food were excellent! Prices were not high at all unless you are comparing them to a fast food chain. Their saying is "Fun" dining which it was, but their food was mighty fine and we will return.