“Great Place”

Atlantic Seafood & Steaks Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 82 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family Restaurant featuring Fried & Broiled Seafood, Stuffed Shrimp & Flounder, Certified Angus Beef Steaks, Soup & Salads, Shrimp & Grits, Pasta Dishes, Oysters, Lobster Tail, & Crab Legs
“Great Place”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Great waiter (Ted)...knew the menu and made appropriate recommendations...food was great (baby back ribs) for two guests, broiled shrimp and atlantic whitefish for the other two....baked sweet potatoes done just right......nice to see a senior menu with a section for fried and broiled items....and very well priced....this is an overlooked restaurant in Southport....

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank stjamesnc

“Generous Serving”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Always greeted by warm and friendly reception staff. Service staff are very highly trained, friendly, and competent. Menu selection is very broad. Portions are very generous. Overall, a very positive dining experience.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank EndlessSummerCaptain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“09/06/2013 server Jackie”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Just had an outstanding lunch. The service could not have been any better and the food was hot and very tasty. The Waite time for what we ordered was not bad. I recommend this to any local or tourist who is looking for fast seating and great food and service.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jim B
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Didn't like it AT ALL.”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The desk clerk at our hotel recommended this place and said that it was very good. I'm assuming that our food wasn't that great because we went a bit late, but that's still no excuse. Our hush puppies tasted good, but also tasted like they were sitting out for a while. Slightly warm. I ordered shrimp alfredo which was tasteless. Very watery. My husband said that his grits tasted good, but his shrimp was rubbery. My son's french fries tasted weird. It had an odd taste as if they were fried in old grease or something. I only liked my house salad. The ranch dressing tasted homemade and not from a bottle. That was very nice. Our waiter was good at first, but then we had to find him. The place wasn't crowded, so we didn't know where he went. I was hoping to like this place, but didn't at all.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Athena G
Greensboro, North Carolina
“good food horrible service”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Unfortunately, the poor service outweighed the awesome food. I tipped my waitress well because she was doing the best she could. I overheard another employee comment that they'd sent people home early because it had been slow. We got there at 7:30pm...on August 6th...and it's a summer vacation spot. DON'T send people home!! All I got was excuses from "management" even after I explained that I had to get up and find our own drinks and I shared our hushpuppies with another table who didn't get any and had been seated before us. We repeatedly had to ask for drinks from whoever walked by only to be ignored. I was making the best of it because after the appetizer FINALLY came, they were so good that I couldn't wait for the meal. It was after the apathetic attitude of the "management" that I got upset. Plan on visiting Oak Island again, but will never eat here!!

• Visited August 2013