“Fresh seafood, generous portions”

Atlantic Seafood & Steaks Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 81 Restaurants in Southport
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family Restaurant featuring Fried & Broiled Seafood, Stuffed Shrimp & Flounder, Certified Angus Beef Steaks, Soup & Salads, Shrimp & Grits, Pasta Dishes, Oysters, Lobster Tail, & Crab Legs
Grandville, Michigan
“Fresh seafood, generous portions”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Despite a leaky roof during a heavy rainstorm, the inside of this place was warm and cozy, the service friendly and pleasant and the food fresh and ample. We were seated with a basket of tasty hush puppies to sample while perusing the menu. My husband and I ordered the $7.99 Thursday daily special from the back of the menu and were surprised by the large portions and freshness of the fish. I got the baby flounder--8 small filets lightly friend, tender, sweet and moist but with skin on--and my husband got the skinless flounder--thicker filets without skin--along with coleslaw and a side. He also ordered a tag-along portion of calabash fried shrimp for a few extra dollars and we all enjoyed several bites. I also had a slightly underdone sweet potato and he had a very large cold, crisp salad. Our teenage daughter ordered Chicken Alfredo with linguini. It was quite a big bowlful and she enjoyed it very much. Her dinner also came with a salad for around $12. Using a Restaurant.com gift certificate made this an especially affordable meal. We'll be back!

• Visited April 2013

Edenton, North Carolina
“Great food, average service”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I am in town on business with no vehicle, so I am limited to the places near the Hampton Inn. I heard the Italian place next door was not goodl, so I walked up the road and found this place. I was in the mood for a steak anyway, so this was a great fit. It took a minute for the waitress to get to me and to get my drink, but not too bad. She brought hush puppies, which I hear are great, but as a diabetic, I avoid. I ordered the petite cut sirloin with a salad and grilled veggies. The salad was good, but mostly iceberg lettuce. The steak was cut-with-a-fork tender and cooked just right. The veggies were not cooked to death like you often find in the south. Just the right amount of food at just the right price. Interesting conversations about nuclear power (there is a plant near here) at the surrouding tables. The waitress was slow to get back to me with the check. If the service was better, this would have rated 5 stars.

I did not see many tourists, but it is winter. They have a good senior (55+) dinner menu, and there were plenty of seniors taking advantage.

• Visited December 2012
Southport, North Carolina, United States
“Good food, new look, fine fast service”
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Ok. Been here a lot. Everything is good hushpuppies excellent- have always een happy with fish- they will custon cook or broil anything. Order what you like and you'll be pleased. Nice staff. Redone interior.

1 Thank Peter B
Maryland
“Thanksgiving Dinner Disaster!”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

November 22, 2012
My husband and I made a reservation for the Thanksgiving Dinner for 2:00 p.m. today. When we arrived at the restaurant the hostess appeared to be a little frazzled with trying to help those waiting for a table. We were seated at 2:00 but were told when we went to order from the prefixed Thanksgiving dinner menu that they were out of the red-skinned mashed potatoes and cranberries. We were o.k. with that and proceeded to order the sweet potatoes so there appeared to be no problem. We patiently waited for our meal and were served delicious hushpuppies while we waited. After approx. one hour our meal finally came out of the kitchen. I was served some remnants of a dry turkey with cold gravy and lukewarm stringbean casserole and so-so mashed sweet potatoes. My husband was told they ran out of the sweet potato casserole so they substituted a shriveled up small baked sweet potato and they must have run out of rolls because I got one with my food which I shared with my husband but he did not. If you are going to offer this type of dinner then it really should be something that is plated up fairly quickly and obviously someone did not do their homework and were not prepared for the amount of food that is needed.

• Visited November 2012
New York City, New York
“Good Food”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I recommend it to travels in the area. Service was good too.
Nice place to eat. I recommend the shrimp & pasta.
Had nice cold beer