“Great food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Phone 910/454-0088 • 910/454-8156
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I hate fish, but I ate it anyway; and was I ever surprised at how good it can be. This is a small place, but popular. As best I can tell, we were greeted by the owner, which, I think, is a good sign. My friend ate about everything on the menu it seemed--he had the seafood platter with fried oysters--and he was delighted. The service was a little slow, but I expect that happens when food is cooked to order. I enjoy fish--who knew it could taste good. I even tried an oyster. The only problem was there we had no room for dessert.

1  Thank jah857

Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I stopped at Taylor's twice on our vacation. Waiting on friends to take the ferry over to Bald Head Island where we were staying for the week, we stopped by Taylor's on Sunday morning for brunch. Upon the advice of our waitress, I ordered the asparagus and goat cheese two egg omelet and grits. My husband ordered the steak and eggs with home fries. His breakfast was wonderful, but mine was outstanding. The omelet was cooked perfectly and the grits were some of the best we have ever had. To top it off (and just as important to us as the food) the coffee was top notch. After our stay at Bald Head and before our long trip home, we decided we wanted to stop for a bite to eat. Rather than try another place, we decided to stop again at Taylor's. We were not disappointed. My husband had the prime rib on Texas toast with the works. It was huge! I tried the turkey pastrami. I asked to have the sauerkraut substituted with cole slaw and it was delicious. Served with homemade potato chips and a thick, lucious homemade thousand island dressing, it was perfect. The iced tea was wonderful, as well. The best thing is that lunch was even less than our fabulous breakfast. We will definately be going back to Taylor's the next time we are in Southport!

1  Thank BonniefromWinchester
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Country breakfast, delicious! Great service, fun atmosphere. Owner always present, working and friendly.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Love their food...burgers are great, cranberry/pecan/ fried chicken salad is excellent. I do not like looking at Obama phots throughout the
restaurants. I know several people that won't eat there because of it. I don't feel one's political affiliation should be expressed in a restaurant.

3  Thank Patti H
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Went for a late lunch, 1:30 and the place was still packed! Only had to wait five minutes and was the wait worth it, YES! Was going to have the Fried Green Tomato Sandwich but had a lunch special - Fried Catfish with 2 sides. I choose cole slaw and mashed sweet potato, so good. I am not a fried food person but the catfish was fantastic. Don't miss this place!

2  Thank Sunflower53092