“Kind of a girly place.”
Review of Baked With Love - CLOSED

Baked With Love
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Good sandwiches, salads, and soups. Quiet. Good place to relax and talk. Average prices and value. No view and average decor. Typically full of ladies having their lunch.

2  Thank buckeyejoe10
There are newer reviews for Baked With Love

Reviewed July 22, 2013

It is too bad that the dated and dingy atmosphere is such a distraction from the very good food and the architectural potential of this little building in the vibrant town of Southport. This place is certainly not "charming and cozy"! I don't know which was worse; the old carpets or the rough unpainted cement floors that they partially covered. The odor of cleaning fluid struck me the minute we walked in the door and was a distraction to the great taste of the food throughout the meal. The décor is eighties flea market complimented by mauve walls, matted discount store chair cushions, a scraggly plant in the front window and a dusty oriental carpet hung on the wall as "art". The shabby here is anything but chic. With the wonderful food they serve, a little paint, fresh floor coverings and some serious de-cluttering would go a long way in making this a place a gem!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

First of all, is there any place more calming than Southport...the location of Safe Haven. Not that I have discovered...yet. This place is super charming and cozy. The service was good at first but got progressively worse as they got busier. I waited 15 minutes for the tab of someone to be reconfigured at the register... Now to the food...the salad was fresh and local...but the brunch casseroles were bland with little seasoning. My daughter's quiche was undercooked and raw, barely any bacon and once again bland. My other daughter liked the bacon and cheese casserole and everyone liked the french toast although it came to the table cold. Still...worth a trip and maybe another try...we didn't have any of the regular lunch food...

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We just stopped for a snack and had the lobster bisque which comes with a freshly baked soft pretzel, yum! The bisque was deliciously creamy and the pretzel was the perfect crunchy, soft companion for the soup. We also split a couple of ice cream sandwiches which were made a giant homemade cookie. Everyone enjoyed them. The staff was very friendly.

1  Thank gotcshells
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I wanted to do a lite lunch. I decided to check this place out after seeing the rating on Trip Advisor. It didn't disappoint! This place was really good. I had asparagus soup and strawberry salad. My husband had a Ham and Swiss sandwich with raspberry honey mustard. I have to say I have never had a salad taste that good without any meat and he was equally impressed with his sandwich The soup was so good. The waitress we had was very nice and greeted us with a smile every s she came to our table. This is worth the trip!!!

1  Thank Nikkylynne