“Wife never finishes her food, this time it was all gone!”
Review of Bella Cucina

Bella Cucina
Ranked #31 of 82 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in on a Saturday night and was instantly seated. It took a few minutes for a waiter to arrive and take drink our drink order. The menu had lots of great options and it took us some time to decide. We started with mozzarella and tomatos. The cheese was made at the restaurant and was light and tasty. My wife had the clams and linguine and I had the anti - pasta salad. The mozzarella on the salad was, in my opinion, not made fresh. There was very little lettuce: but an abundance of all other ingredients. Dressing was good and it was served with bread. I didn't finish the whole salad. My wife completely devoured her entree. She used the last of the bread to wipe her plate clean. Clams were perfect in a buttery lemony white sauce. A tad bit expensive as the cost without drinks was over 40$$. We will visit again!

There are newer reviews for Bella Cucina

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We have visited Bella Cucina on occasion when we visit our family who lives in Southport. Bella is a good food option if the family is sick of fast food and seafood. We had a table of 7 and about half the people at the table thoroughly enjoyed their meal. The other half were slightly disappointed at the cooking preparation (overcooked) and freshness (homemade pasta). The service was excellent and checked back just the right number of times.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

It's not something one might say often but this restaurant produces THE WORST PIZZA AND GARLIC KNOTS IN --- WELL, ANYWHERE I HAVE EVER BEEN. While visiting my friend suggested a quick pizza, phoned and within minutes we arrived for a pickup. The alleged pizza was sitting on the counter, the box not hot when touched. The cashier was a pleasant young girl with a like for Marilyn Monroe. She was pleasant so I tipped well; one plain pizza, one garlic knots and tip was over $25. Upon returning home and looking into the box this was what we found: cold unleavened dough,not remotely risen, with tomato sauce(NOT PIZZA sauce) spread very thin, with granulated particles of cheese -- you really could not see the cheese as it melted and saw only little white spots below the TOMATO sauce. The alleged pizza was absolutely terrible to taste, disgusting. Bite down on a old plain unleavened piece of not risen dough and you get a small glimpse of this experience. The garlic knots were of the same consistency, dough simply pulled apart and twisted into a form, any form, BUT not a roll. It was just hard, no inner softness and had only about five pieces. It came with a fluid in a small container that was I suppose a garlic dip for the knots. Garlic knots are just that garlic rolls(knots). If done properly you don't need a dip.
I did note that none of the reviews here show any response from the restaurant. That is an indication you don't matter to them. As for the reviews from those staying at the adjacent Hampton Inn, well, I have to believe they were influenced by substances they consumed prior to tasting this restaurant's alleged pizza. I am sorry that I had to down this restaurant but in truth BELLA CUCINA IN SOUTHPORT, NC serves the WORSE PIZZA ever. To have allowed this item to leave your restaurant as a pizza defies logic. You should be ashamed to ever include it on your menu.

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Fabulous Italian restaurant in Southport- excellent food and seriously the first time I have had bread pudding that made me want to like the plate. YUM!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed at the Hampton on business and I was by myself. I walked across the parking lot to the Bella Cucina and felt right at home. I ended up eating there both nights of my trip. The people who work there were very nice and the pizza was really, really good! Can't wait to go back!