“Bella bread and more”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Fabulous Italian restaurant in Southport- excellent food and seriously the first time I have had bread pudding that made me want to like the plate. YUM!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed at the Hampton on business and I was by myself. I walked across the parking lot to the Bella Cucina and felt right at home. I ended up eating there both nights of my trip. The people who work there were very nice and the pizza was really, really good! Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stopped in one weekday for lunch: pizza and sandwiches and everyone seemed satisfied with their choices; chicken salad over iceberg, philly cheesesteak for $7.50, eggplant parm sandwich for $7.50 and 2 slices of pizza and a drink for $5.95! The sandwiches are served w/o any side for that price and seems pricey for just a 6" sub roll sandwich but this place is located in a parking lot next to a hotel and on the way into town on route 211 between Southport, NC and Oak Island, NC, so they have that advantage of passing traffic. But compared to Papa Johns, Pizza Hut and Dominoes, their pizza is the best. More NY style crust and the pizza sauce and marinara sauce for their pasta dishes are average but I like a sweeter sauce. I noticed their dinner prices and think it's always smart to try a LUNCH option first before paying the big $$ for the dinner version! Spaghetti/pasta is easy and cheap to prepare and the SAUCE is what differentiates the taste.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

The experience we had tonight at dinner was not a good one. The tables when we arrived at 5:30 and seated were not even set yet with napkins and utensils. Service didn't improve - was slow. They need a lot of help. For the food - part of our appetizer order did not even arrive until our entree had been served. My husband had veal parmigiana, which was tough. He had trouble cutting it. I ordered a NY Strip, which was one of their specials. But I question if it was really a strip, as I have never had half a strip that was FAT. I told the waitress, and she could clearly see the fat on half of the plate, and that I couldn't eat it. I asked twice if she had spoken to the chef. Finally the waitress took my plate away. Then the chef came out. I asked her if she had seen the fat. She said 'yes. I never order a strip. I always order a ribeye, as they are not as tough'. Really?!? That was some great customer service there! I told her the strip was their special! She said it must have been the end of the strip. Interesting, if a chef sees a questionnable piece of meat, why bother to fix? Chef offered to fix another dish. we just wanted to leave. The owner took $5 off the bill. Another example of great customer service. Moral of the story: don't order steak at this restaurant, or better yet, don't even go.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We ordered Pizza takeout from here and they told us 20 minutes. WE got there 22 minutes later and then had to wait 11 MINUTES longer. The worst part was that it was not hot when it came out, it was just warm. Also, be aware that their pizza sauce uses LOTS of basil, which made the sauce VERY VERY sweet and none of our group liked it at all. Will not return.