“Huge disappointment! Has gone downhill...”
Review of Bella Cucina

Bella Cucina
Ranked #36 of 86 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2014

The experience we had tonight at dinner was not a good one. The tables when we arrived at 5:30 and seated were not even set yet with napkins and utensils. Service didn't improve - was slow. They need a lot of help. For the food - part of our appetizer order did not even arrive until our entree had been served. My husband had veal parmigiana, which was tough. He had trouble cutting it. I ordered a NY Strip, which was one of their specials. But I question if it was really a strip, as I have never had half a strip that was FAT. I told the waitress, and she could clearly see the fat on half of the plate, and that I couldn't eat it. I asked twice if she had spoken to the chef. Finally the waitress took my plate away. Then the chef came out. I asked her if she had seen the fat. She said 'yes. I never order a strip. I always order a ribeye, as they are not as tough'. Really?!? That was some great customer service there! I told her the strip was their special! She said it must have been the end of the strip. Interesting, if a chef sees a questionnable piece of meat, why bother to fix? Chef offered to fix another dish. we just wanted to leave. The owner took $5 off the bill. Another example of great customer service. Moral of the story: don't order steak at this restaurant, or better yet, don't even go.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We ordered Pizza takeout from here and they told us 20 minutes. WE got there 22 minutes later and then had to wait 11 MINUTES longer. The worst part was that it was not hot when it came out, it was just warm. Also, be aware that their pizza sauce uses LOTS of basil, which made the sauce VERY VERY sweet and none of our group liked it at all. Will not return.

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Went in over the weekend for dinner. A waitress greeted us and said she would be with us in a minute. Saw several other employees walk by that didn't even acknowledge we were there. The first waitress was very busy waiting and cleaning tables. Saw a man standing at the hostess stand cleaning menus. He never said a word to us. He walked right by us to put some menus on tables. After he got back to the hostess stand he continues cleaning menus with not a single word or gesture to acknowledge our presence. We walked out after that .he came to the door and looked out as we got to our car. By far the worst service experience I've ever had at a restaurant.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We have found their pasta to be good but nothing special to make it stand out from other Italian Restaurants. Their bread is good but still just average. If you decide to try Bella Cucina I'm sure you will enjoy your meal...you just won't walk out singing their praises.

1  Thank cheryl h
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The food was great! We were a little leary about the place when we first got there. You walk into the bar area. To the left of the bar is a section that looks like a pizzeria. The hostess seats you in the back room which is a more"formal" dining room. We went on a Sunday evening. There was a football game on the television in the bar. It got a little noisy from the bar at times, but not terrible. The service was great! We never ran out of drinks. Just know that I'd you ask for gluten-free pasta, it will be penna pasta. Also, the small cravings size was enough for us to eat. I would hate to see how big the regular size parts are.