“A Great Italian Restaurant”
Review of Bella Cucina

Bella Cucina
Ranked #33 of 82 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Orlando, Florida
“A Great Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I ate here twice during a recent visit to Southport. and was knocked out by the wonderful taste of the lasagna and the friend ravioli bruschetta. If your Mom's name was Gina and your Dad was Pasquale, they would love this place! A truly authentic flavored sauce made the lasagna so good. When cut from the serving dish, which came out straight from the oven, the lasagna stood still and did not run a bit. Just the right blend of pecorino cheese, beef and delicious sausage and sauce. Fried stuffed ravioli was cooked perfectly and topped with a zesty bruschetta mixture. The pan seared scallops were to die for - cooked just right, tender and tasty. Italian bread pudding for dessert is a must! It is a sinful taste explosion. Service was great. Valerie did a magnificent job. So - bottom line is, if you're tired of all the great local fresh fish, go her - or go here instead of getting fish somewhere else.

• Visited August 2013

Southport, North Carolina
“Amazing Sicilian Pizza”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Being from the north I have high (sometimes to high for the south) expectations on pizza. On top of that it is almost impossible to come across a place that makes Sicilian pizza. Bella's is amazing. The dough is thick and fluffy but the bottom of the pizza still has hat golden cripsy bite you should expect. Great sauce good cheese although I think I will pay extra next time to get there home made mozzarella. I asked the secret and the cute boy running the register said their head pizza maker is from New York. That explains it of course. I wish there pizza side had a little nicer atmosphere but I would eat their pizza on the curb out front if I had too. Just make sure you go when the blonde guy is making the pies. I went when another guy was there. He must still be learning, nowhere near the same skill set of my new favorite pizza maker. Thanks Bella Cucina for finally showing the south what pizza should be.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank thebabeekin
Reston, Virginia
“Much better than expected”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Given the spotty reviews I read about Bella Cucina, my wife and I were prepared for mediocrity. We were delighted to be wrong! I had lasagna, my wife had the "cravings" portion of Linguine Alfreda. Both were excellent. We also had the fried ravioli appetizer, which was fantastic. The server was attentive and friendly, the ambiance was pleasant. The prices were a little on the high side, but we both felt the meals were worth it. We intend to return.

Visited August 2013
High Point, NC
“Good stromboli”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was staying at the Hampton Inn next door, so I walked over and ate at the bar. I ordered the Stromboli, and it was good-could have been a bit hotter, but fine. There is a less-formal area attached to get pizza slices and other things in a more casual atmosphere.

Visited June 2013
greensboro, nc
“What a disappointment. Will not go back. Boo.”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

seated in worn out booth that flexed every time a kid in the next booth jumped or kicked his seat.
Strange seating policy where no tables are set with sliver ware or napkins prior to your arrival--you are left standing while staff gets their heads out of their you know what. Lasagna was bland and could have come from a grocery store frozen foods isle. Pricey too. Salad was a joke with lettuce and tomato wedge and two olives.

Bread was warm and olive oil/pepper treatment was good.

This is not a place we will revisit.

• Visited July 2013