“Amazing Sicilian Pizza”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Being from the north I have high (sometimes to high for the south) expectations on pizza. On top of that it is almost impossible to come across a place that makes Sicilian pizza. Bella's is amazing. The dough is thick and fluffy but the bottom of the pizza still has hat golden cripsy bite you should expect. Great sauce good cheese although I think I will pay extra next time to get there home made mozzarella. I asked the secret and the cute boy running the register said their head pizza maker is from New York. That explains it of course. I wish there pizza side had a little nicer atmosphere but I would eat their pizza on the curb out front if I had too. Just make sure you go when the blonde guy is making the pies. I went when another guy was there. He must still be learning, nowhere near the same skill set of my new favorite pizza maker. Thanks Bella Cucina for finally showing the south what pizza should be.

1  Thank thebabeekin

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Given the spotty reviews I read about Bella Cucina, my wife and I were prepared for mediocrity. We were delighted to be wrong! I had lasagna, my wife had the "cravings" portion of Linguine Alfreda. Both were excellent. We also had the fried ravioli appetizer, which was fantastic. The server was attentive and friendly, the ambiance was pleasant. The prices were a little on the high side, but we both felt the meals were worth it. We intend to return.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was staying at the Hampton Inn next door, so I walked over and ate at the bar. I ordered the Stromboli, and it was good-could have been a bit hotter, but fine. There is a less-formal area attached to get pizza slices and other things in a more casual atmosphere.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

seated in worn out booth that flexed every time a kid in the next booth jumped or kicked his seat.
Strange seating policy where no tables are set with sliver ware or napkins prior to your arrival--you are left standing while staff gets their heads out of their you know what. Lasagna was bland and could have come from a grocery store frozen foods isle. Pricey too. Salad was a joke with lettuce and tomato wedge and two olives.

Bread was warm and olive oil/pepper treatment was good.

This is not a place we will revisit.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

First of all went in for take-out and ordered extra large pizza, one half the Bella special and the other plain cheese. So the cheese 18" would be $16 and the Bella special 18" would be $24. The server at the cash register rung up $24, I asked surely it should be $20, half the cost of cheese and half the cost of the special? She could not really compute what I was saying and kept telling me that is because you will have all the special toppings and if you do it separate it will cost more, I continued to try and explain that I would only have the special toppings on one side of the pizza and just cheese on the other, still did not seem to register with her what I was saying so she then replied but that's what my manager said I need to do. So I request the manager to come over, he says to me after I explain this to him that " the software it not built to do this " I then explain to him that I am not built to pay $24 for a $20 pizza. It goes from bad to worse, I ask how long, 15-20 minutes I am told, so I nip off and get some gas, the pizza and the calzone I ordered are waiting on me, I am gone about 10 minutes. A less than 10 minute drive see me at home, the pizza is stone cold, the CALZONE??? was a build your own, sliced meatballs, bacon, jalapeno peppers and Italian sausage, I tasted nothing in this apart from the peppers and under cooked mozzarella, there was a mountain of dough and no filling.

Avoid this so called Italian, I often give places a second chance, not this time!