“What a disappointment. Will not go back. Boo.”
Review of Bella Cucina

Bella Cucina
Ranked #36 of 88 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2013

seated in worn out booth that flexed every time a kid in the next booth jumped or kicked his seat.
Strange seating policy where no tables are set with sliver ware or napkins prior to your arrival--you are left standing while staff gets their heads out of their you know what. Lasagna was bland and could have come from a grocery store frozen foods isle. Pricey too. Salad was a joke with lettuce and tomato wedge and two olives.

Bread was warm and olive oil/pepper treatment was good.

This is not a place we will revisit.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

First of all went in for take-out and ordered extra large pizza, one half the Bella special and the other plain cheese. So the cheese 18" would be $16 and the Bella special 18" would be $24. The server at the cash register rung up $24, I asked surely it should be $20, half the cost of cheese and half the cost of the special? She could not really compute what I was saying and kept telling me that is because you will have all the special toppings and if you do it separate it will cost more, I continued to try and explain that I would only have the special toppings on one side of the pizza and just cheese on the other, still did not seem to register with her what I was saying so she then replied but that's what my manager said I need to do. So I request the manager to come over, he says to me after I explain this to him that " the software it not built to do this " I then explain to him that I am not built to pay $24 for a $20 pizza. It goes from bad to worse, I ask how long, 15-20 minutes I am told, so I nip off and get some gas, the pizza and the calzone I ordered are waiting on me, I am gone about 10 minutes. A less than 10 minute drive see me at home, the pizza is stone cold, the CALZONE??? was a build your own, sliced meatballs, bacon, jalapeno peppers and Italian sausage, I tasted nothing in this apart from the peppers and under cooked mozzarella, there was a mountain of dough and no filling.

Avoid this so called Italian, I often give places a second chance, not this time!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

we had previously discovered this restaurant in March of 2012 and so impressed with it we returned the following night and ate there again in the same weekend. Our sad discovery is that in just over a year's time, in our eyes, it has gone from exception to blah. This visit was just that - blah. Service was ok especially as it was not busy at just after 5pm on Tuesday evening, but the food was bland - neither my wife's chicken parm nor my spaghetti and meatballs had any flavor beyond a basic tomato paste taste. We were extremely disappointed and will not be returning during our next visit to Southport later this year.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

busy place but wait was not very long. food was very good, shrimo paste was wonderful and wife had some chicken paste which she loved. atomsphere was very good and waitress was very friendly and checked on us many times. will go again.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We had a party of 10 for a 5:30 reservation on a Tuesday night. Justin was our server and he handled everything very well. First - the aroma in the restaurant made us want to order everything! We had a mixed group of teens and adults and ordered full dinners and pizza. It was so nice that they had smaller dinner portions, too. I had the cheese ravioli and it was good. I ordered the smaller portion and had 5 nice sized well stuffed past pillows. Many restaurants serve 5 as a the full portion. The smaller portions do not include salads but of course you can order them a la carte. Three of the teens shared an extra large Hawaiian pizza - it looked amazing and the rest of the party was craving just a taste. The bread and oil they serve at the beginning of the meal is worth the trip to Southport. Justin handled splitting up the checks without a hitch.

This restaurant is not in the charming seaside town of Southport but is in a strip mall before you get there. I'd go again and again