“One of the Best”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mr. P's Bistro

Mr. P's Bistro
Ranked #2 of 81 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A longtime Southport institution, one of the top dining spots in town. Low Country-leaning menu. Good wine list
Birmingham, Alabama
“One of the Best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Southport does not lack for good places to eat. Mr. P's is one of the best. We went on a Monday evening about 6:45 pm. By 7:00 the place was almost full. I strongly recommend reservations. Our server seemed a bit distracted during the evening. It took her a while to ask for our drink order and she appeared to be overwhelmed after that. The food was delicious. I had the mixed seafood platter and my husband had the yellow fin tuna. Both were served with fresh corn. We split a piece of key lime pie for dessert. It was good but not outstanding. We would definitely return.

Visited August 2014

Conover, North Carolina
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

A great little restaurant in downtown Southport NC. Located on Howe Street. Best to make reservations as it is always busy and not that big. The grilled Filet Mignon was tender and had great flavor! The Grouper was also excellent! Save room for dessert as it is all homemade. We love the Pecan Pie.

Visited September 2013
Southport, North Carolina
“Mr. P's never disappoints.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

I've been going to Mr. P's for the past 12 years, since before I moved to the Southport area. It remains one of my favorite restaurants in this area. The quality of the food is consistently high and the service can't be beat. Chris, the manager, is friendly, accommodating, and always "around" to see that guests are happy. Their Shrimp and Grits, Oyster Sampler, Fried Green Tomatoes, and Underground Tuna are my favorite dishes. Although they have a fairly large menu, I keep returning to these favorites because they are so good. If you want great low-country food in a comfortable atmosphere, Mr. P's is for you.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Margie B
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, United States
“Nice, Good Food and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by locals and was deemed the best food served in town. We were not disappointed. Food was promptly served and the service was good. Our initial drinks were a little delayed in getting to us but that was not that big of a deal.

The menu offered many items and they were willing to substitute items, cooking methods or sauces which we do not see that often. I asked them to add chicken to my Fried Goat Cheese salad and they gladly accommodated my request. I will definitely recommend this restaurant!

• Visited August 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Selections”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed in Southport for 1 week with my family and fiance, and Mr.P's was the best restaurant we went to all week! From the outside it doesn't look like anything special, but everything inside was semi-formal and classy. Our waitress was very sweet the entire time, and allowed us all to taste the grits before any of us ordered them (being from the Jersey Shore we've never had grits before). There was plenty on the menu, but if that wasn't good enough, there were tons of fresh specials as well. I ordered Salmon Oscar, which was salmon with crab meat on top of it. It was the most fresh crab meat I've ever eaten, and I've been crabbing and eating crab meat my entire life!! Everything was so good that my fiance and I came back the next night again on a date without my family because we loved it so much! If you're in the area, definitely make a point to eat here one night! They open at 5!

• Visited July 2014